Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.
SkyE

SkyE

KRoP":1pze8jtb said:
Hitting 'New Game' gives an error about not finding a 'Mountains' parallax.

You'll need to install the VX RTP until I finish pruning all the resources I need from the VX RTP to create a non-RTP installer version, sorry.

KRoP":2rvghstj said:
I've already installed the VX RTP before I downloaded this game.

Hmm, that's really odd, especially since "Mountains" is one of the images in the VX RTP.

Okay, I've added a download that doesn't require the RTP, see if that helps at all since it'll have the files in it.

hima":29e382mr said:
I'm stuck in the battle on the second night at the labolatory :S
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Ptt/Clip.jpg[/img]
There are two portals left, but nothing seems to come out from it. The game is great so far though! :)

You might want to give it a second go, there were a couple errors like this and they don't always happen, I thought we caught all of them, but I'll fix this one right away!

I also see a tear in the middle-ground parallax that needs to be fixed! Can't believe I never noticed it before. :)

Insane is crazy fun. I do have a gripe with it though, the character is way too big to dodge anything at all, and the only way to actually win is through good use of shield and crest attacks to kill trash monsters fast and regen (I'm stacking Purity just because of this (hope i got the aura name right, the one that regens your raye when stuff dies)), though I'm not sure if this is intended. dodging is pretty much out of the question though =\

@hima

Okay! Uploaded a new version for both the RTP and Non-RTP downloads that should help that problem if I identified it right!
(The download links from the first post are updated.)

@Hevendor

Actually dodging works a bit differently; since it's pixel-hit (not hit-box based) when your character is in different flying poses you get hit differently.

You certainly won't be sitting still twitching a bit back and forth to carefully skirt bullets around your hit-box, instead you need to move around and then fly forward through openings to "dodge" the bullets. Or find the least damaging route and plow through with your shield. The shield exists for that reason actually.

I actually thought it was super fun to find an opening and zip through the bullets with them skirting me!

I did find that retreating till the shots became more widespread was a useful tactic for dodging. For the most part though it does come down to good shield use. Whenever my shield broke I was screwed. I learned to put more stats into my shield after a few tragic battles.

Beyond just that though, I wanted to congratulate Anaryu on making the most original game I've played in RPG Maker since USG (which definitely had some influence on it). I really love the journal system and the choice to explore only one area of the school at different times of the day. It makes the story easier to keep track of and allows for great re-playability; something most game designers don't consider. The main feature though of course is the open arena shooter segments. They were fun and challenging although I wish there was more strategy to them. Once I got the crest that shot the beam I didn't find any need to switch back to the other one. Also loved the soundtrack. It had that funky J-pop feel to it and really added a lot. I should also mention that Yaoumei did a real solid job with the character profiles and battle backgrounds. They were very detailed and unique but also worked well together in creating a uniform style to the game. I guess my only major complaint was that you used RTP sounds. Maybe next time you could take the time to make your own instead of using the same tired effects we've all heard before. And yes, I'm only kidding.

I'll most likely be playing through again to discover more of the story I missed on my first playthrough. Even though I know the payoff probably won't be too great, it's still a nice incentive.

iceplosion":3p6kanl4 said:
Actually the game has different endings each time you play through (That feature is still there in the final version, right?)

Yes. You'll also get more of the weapons/crests as you play since you need to max the 4 stats that go up to get EVERY item available.

The ending advances farther each time with a new boss fight, so on your 3rd play-through you'll end up fighting the normal end boss, one beyond that, and then THE final one.

Just popping into let you know you had yet another player today.

I didn't play too long because it's not really my thing from what I did play but its a really well made game.  The gravity you have going in the battle works beautifully.  I'm just more of an exploratory guy rather than watch text and battle.  Yeah don't have much more to say really but I knew I always liked to know people were playing my creation so there you have it!

Ciao.

Thanks Calibre, it is good to hear that people have played it at all, can't help but wonder if anyone downloaded it or if it's sitting in a folder with 500 other projects that will likely never see play... kinda like is sitting on my desktop in a folder right now... :O

i have limited patience for playing, rather than making, games...

but i would try anything that you and your teamate make :D
I didn't realize this was now a completed game and am downloading it now.

(EDIT)  HA!  Awesome work bro.  Other than being fairly short, it was more entertaining than many commercial games that i have played.  If this were a longer game, it could be released as a for profit game.  I love how i never once saw a rtp vx character... very original how the entire game is based around battles and dialogue/discovery.  Amazing battle system.  Awesome movement (by the pixel).  If i didn't know is was made with rpgmaker, i never would have even guessed it.

I just tried it for a few battles and I can already tell it's super amazing. Though is it just me or it's somewhat difficult? The monsters have so much health and it takes quite a while to actually kill them (besides the small head guys).

Anopob":okc8njt9 said:
I just tried it for a few battles and I can already tell it's super amazing. Though is it just me or it's somewhat difficult? The monsters have so much health and it takes quite a while to actually kill them (besides the small head guys).

You'll want to throw some special attacks in there for the tougher guys, those do a significant amount of damage. If it's proving pretty tough you can knock down the difficulty too. I plan to make 'Normal' a bit less difficult overall.

Ayame

I just got Skye yesterday. I thought the game was postponed due to the super-evil bug that crashes the game xD And it's amazing, as any of your other games, Anaryu.

Btw, there are a thing you may not know yet :-/

In the battle in the basement (The one you got when you chased Theodore, I think!) If you manage to kill the boss while some other monsters are still there, the screen blacked out but the fight is till going on xD That's weird, huh :D

Just telling you that I enjoy the game so much, and will definitely play SkyE again when I have time. Good luck on your Game Maker project, btw ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.