Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE REFER TO MY TEST BED TOPIC UNDER EIS REQUIREMENTS. THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN IMPROVED AND BETTER THAN THIS VERSION.

Skill Requirements
Version: 1.0

Introduction

Allows you to set requirements before a skill is used. You can set Class, Weapon, Armor, Stat and State requirements with defaults for all actors, or actor specific requirements. I made this script primarily for all the skill scripts out there, such as the equipment skills so that a mage can learn a fighter skill, but can't use unless the actor is a fighter. Also, I am close to releasing the new Party & Class changer, so the class requirement would be a must.

Script

Features
  • Customizable Class, Weapon, Armor, Stat & State Requirements
  • Global or Actor Specific Requirements
Instructions

Place This Script below the SDK, and Above Main

For Further Instructions, read in the comments in the Script Heading. If there is something unclear, feel free to post, and I will explain further

FAQ

None Thus Far

Compatibility

Is SDK Compliant & Compatable

Author's Notes

I have yet to test all of the different customizable options. If anything works improperly, post you configuration of the constants, and the error that is occuring.

Enjoy!

nice script. This is part of the customization I was looking for. Great job. I can't wait for more of your scripts. The only thing I would suggest is a window showing the requirements. I know that with the skill mana system, you press z, but the mana window shows on the right. So maybe, you could show a requirement window on the left when pressing the same button in case anyone had the skill mana script.

I took a look at this script, and brought up my RMXP projects to try out.

Compatability with Cybersam's v3.0 Beta... Yup! :D
Compatability with RTAB version 1.15........ Yep! :D
Compatability with Ccoa's CTB v 3.01....... Yes! :D

Just as long as it's pasted AFTER the systems.

Anyone else tried it with some other system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.