Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"Site Turbulence" Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticing the post entitled "Site Turbulence"; if hosting problems were to continue, I might have a suggestion. Of course, it's just a thought, and there's no need to tell me I'm an idiot if you disagree.

For many of you who know, rmxp.net was hosted by a company named Bihira. Because of their frequent account suspensions due to Lord Gradient, and their very unstable hosting, both Ccoa and Erk decided to recreate an other rmxp cummunity here.

Though, Bihira were not aware of these problems, thus, none of them were fixed. But due to other sites hosted by Bihira finaly contacting them, for a fact; all errors were fixed.

Concluding, if these current matters continue to occur, we could transfer this site back to Bihira, but once again, it is just a suggestion and can be ignored. :)

~ Scars

It was stated in the topic that Erk and Ccoa are in the process of moving to another host and off of Sketch's server. I doubt that they'll be going with Bihira because of the problems we encountered with rmxp.net (that you mentioned). Either way, they said they'll be moving somewhere, so that covers it.

You're also using so many "quotation marks" that it makes your post a bit hard to take seriously.

Cortez- Sorry about the over use of quotation marks, I've just got the key fixed yesterday!

TREG- I agree, but they really did make many improvements :).

~ Scars

Agreed. Hell, even if Ccoa and Erk decide to stay under my hosting (Honestly, they are top notch, I just dunno what's been up with .org's DB lately...my othe sites have never had anywhere near this amount of trouble and then the one snafu with the restore of a bad backup) I'd be more than willing to let them stay with an upgrade of plan even to suit .org's needs.

However, it is ultimately their choice, and even Erk has expressed an interest in eliminating the middle man (Myself) so that problems can be dealth with directly, instead of through me, to them.

Dark Zero- The reason I recommened Bihira was because they offered to transfer the site for free and give us a temporary rebate to apologize. Also, there are many members from .net that are not even aware that the community moved here. So if we were to change back to .net, we might get them back.

Sketch- I'm well aware that it is their choice :) .

~ Scars

I don't think saving a little bit of money (especially now with subscriptions/sponsorships working) is nearly as important as having a host that has more than like 50% uptime.

Yeah...Again I gotta go with DZ on this one.

And those at .net that 'don't realize' this is here...there was an announcement and several posts about how this was the 'backup' and now that .net is dead, you'd think they would realize where everyone went. But then again, people are filtering here every day. I mean, you got here, right? ;)

And um...how were you able to negotiate a deal with them if you weren't under any power (My assumption) with the domain?

I think the issue in this topic has been resolved. We're not going back to Bihira due to the terrible service we encountered in the past, and we're more than capable of selecting our own hosting services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.