Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Shades

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiju

It's done with a panorama script I wrote and blank maps.

First, I took screenshots of the maps with monochrome tilesets, then the same maps with only the color orange in the tilesets. Then I pasted the screenshots together into images. Then I made a series of panoramas, I think they ended up being a couple hundred images, with the colored screens covering progressively more area. I used a Photoshop macro for that to take most of the gruntwork out of it.

Then I used an event to show each panorama in order on the blank maps. That way, I could still have the characters above the panorama looking around and moving.

Well, I have completed you game (but I unfortunantly had to switch the Easy mode to kill that boss) and I must say, I was absolutely amazed. Everything in this game was well thought out. The puzzles were all creative and intriguing. The maps were wonderful. and most of all, the storyline was nothing short of amazing. I was severely dissapointed when I saw the credits roll, severely. =( The last scene was.. Amazing by the way. Oh and may I add, even the credits were awesome!

I finally had the chance to finish this; I have to say that it was really well done. :) Loved the game-play aspect as well as the story, and scenes were beautifully directed.

At first, I listened to the song used as title theme, 'Thread of Guidance', and didn't think much of it. But after I played the game, I immediately went to learn how to play it - which says a lot about the game itself.

Raiju

Thank you, Reives.

In case you're curious, Thread of Guidance was written by Akiyama, a Japanese musician whose site I found through tkool.net.

I've also reposted the short story The Brotherhood in the first post. It gives you a little bit of Taver's backstory.

I'm actually pretty surprised about all the positive feedback this gets. Honestly, I really think it could have been better, tighter.

Raiju

The characters are all White Ties sprites. Some of them are edits of existing WT sprites, some are original, and some are the unaltered ones by Tori.

The battlers are by Monta or edits of battlers by Monta, and the facesets are by Gozaru or edits of facesets by Gozaru.

The tilesets are all RTP and RTP edits by myself, ccoa, and Euphony, with a little bit by Mack thrown in.

Almost all the graphics in the game are found, then edited to suit, I guess I'm trying to say.

Raiju

Speedpaws;261101 said:
Wow, I have to say I'm very impressed. I can't wait for the full game to come out :O

Thank you, Speedpaws. ^_^

I am daily making progress on the full game. This isn't abandoned, I promise.

Eilei

Sponsor

This game is wonderful, but it froze on me after I got all three characters across the logs in the river. I can't wait to see more.

Raiju

It's working just fine for me. O.o What seems to be the problem?

@Everyone else - Thank you for the kind words. Shades is still coming along nicely. Not abandoned, not ever, promise.

This has to be one of the most underrated RMXP games out there. Its totally original but its not generating as much hype as it should. :/ which is really unfair because what you've got here could turn out to be a cult classic. :) either way great game, can't wait to get my hands on the full thing and yeah lets see if we can't get some more hype going on in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.