Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

set event location not working?

So I am using gubids tactical battle system and in order to not have to transfer people off the map and still have multiple encounters on one map, I made a series of events that basically reposition the starting locations for the actors and for the enemies using Set Event Location: Then clicking on the spot it should move to. I then placed the events off to the side and out of the way so I know what they are and so they don't interfere with other events.

Unfortunately, I activate the switch and the enemies load and the battle starts, but the actors/enemies start off to the side, not where the Set Event Location should put them. I tried adding a 'wait: 60 frames' action between the setting of the events and the start of battle processing but that did nothing.

Can anyone tell me why these events aren't moving to where they are supposed to be?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.