Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Separate windowskin and opacity settings for choices window?

I'm using Ccoa's UMS and I'm using a picture as the background of all text windows. Is there a way to set the background opacity of the text window to zero, but also set the background opacity of the window which displays choices to 255? I found a way of doing it, but the choices window opacity randomly sets to 0 after another scene is opened and closed.

If this isn't possible, is there any way that I can do it outside of the UMS? The changes are permanent; the text window will always be at 0 opacity with an image as the background, and the choices window will never change windowskins and will always be at 255 opacity.

I can't use any method that will conflict with the UMS though, as I'm also using it to play sound effects as each character is displayed and to change the rate at which characters are displayed. However, if I can achieve these two things by some other means, then it's okay if the method by which the opacity is set conflicts with the UMS, as I won't need it anyway.

Thanks for any help! Ask for clarity if I didn't word everything clearly enough.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it myself. Thanks anyway.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.