Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script Scene_PartyName

Script Scene_PartyName
now version 1.1
by shadowball

Description:

This menu allows the player to change the heroes' name in a convenient way.
This version still uses the default character selection to change the name. It would be good to use some Aleworks scripts and add-ons...

Update:
Now it also includes the Scene_LeadActor script that allows you to choose your lead actor.

Comments:
I know this may look quite simple, but I was looking for something that really works. I may include other features, if possible.

Updated!
Demo:
http://www.box.net/shared/q8rg1kqcc8

I'm a bit confused as to what this does, maybe its the name thats throwing me off.

Does this like replace the default hero naming scene or does it give the party a name or what?
Perhaps a screen or two would fix this confusion of mine.

mmm, maybe you're right.

It doesn't replace the default hero naming scene, at least this version doesn't replace it... maybe I could do that later...

It allows you to change a specific hero name (actor0 or lead actor, actor1, actor2 and actor3) in a single Scene called Scene_PartyName.

It also includes now the Scene_LeadActor script that will allow you to change the lead actor (the first hero on the status menu).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.