Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Screenshots Thread - Share Your Story!

Screenshots!

Post & share your screenshots from in-game exploits!

Show off things you've done, things you've found, things that happen, or just anything you felt like snapping!

(Remember, it's [F2] to capture a screenshot in Minecraft!)

Awesome ones may earn you Cogs from Venetia!

Picture album stories will earn you even more!

ahahah that's so awesome

Remind me to give you 100 cogs for that after I change over the economy tonight :D

Edit: I never noticed how the windmill island from El Manana looks like a spiky weiner.

mine1.png

its a giant forest

minecraft%202.png

peri is kind of sad i dont know why

All of the images...
Mangroves!%20I%27m%20in%20the%20Florida%20Keys%20again%20baby!.png

Mangroves? I'm in the Florida Keys again baby!
Did%20Venny%20leave%20the%20door%20unlocked%20again..png

Did Venny leave the door unlocked again?
Dunno,%20seems%20empty..png

Dunno, seems empty.
Redecorating,%20I%20see....png

Redecorating, I see...
Impression,%20Sunrise..png

Impression, Sunrise.
Please%20don%27t%20kill%20me%20for%20this%20photo%20Venetia..png

Please don't kill me for this photo Venetia. Please? I swear its not my regular view distance.
Played a bit of the Monster Arena. It's a cute idea but it's gets old pretty fast (lack of variety in combat and enemies on Mojang's part) and the ranger is horribly overpowered.
Also, I'm kind of disappointing with Fort Purple. Not that's its bad, quite the contrary, it's just that the description made me expect something along the lines of Pyke for ASOIAF, which is something Fort Purple certainly isn't.

So, here's a chain of screenshots I took. Personally, I had fun here, though I feel I should mention that neither of these places was protected like the first place I found. (I will not disclose location, though I will tell Ven where they are if she wants to protect them) Anyway, on to the journal of the mad scientist Glitchfinder

Day Two-Hundred Eighty-Eight:

I was wandering the landscape today, when I came upon the oddest of things. Off in the middle of a bay, I saw something. Something unbelievable. A sunken tower, just barely breaking the surface of the ocean. I decided immediately that this required investigation, and headed toward it. Below is a photograph of the tower, as it appeared from the nearby cliffs:

01.png

As I reached the tower, I realized that, against all odds, it was still structurally sound. To further my incredulity, it was also not flooded. I was shocked. But at the same time, I realized something. "I must explore this tower." I thought to myself. And so, despite the immeasurable dangers it must surely contain, I descended into the tower. When I reached the base, I was astonished. Before me, I saw a grand library, full of knowledge lost to the ages. Knowledge that could see the light of day once more. What was even more stunning, however, is that I required no light source. The lights were still there, and they still worked.

02.png

Soon, I found my way out of the library, and to a crossroads. The choices were there, and the decision was to be made. But oh! What choices! I was at a loss to decide! So, finally, I let fate guide my way. I grabbed a torch, spun it, and went the way it pointed. Which was straight into a wall. So I tried again, and it led somewhere.

03.png

On may way to wherever fate was leading me, I found the cutest thing. It was an animated cube of some gelatinous substance. And it was following me! I assumed it would try to kill me, but it seemed content to simply bounce into me, then off a wall, then back into me again. I named it Cogsworth, and decided he would be mine forevermore. But then, to my horror, Cogsworth bounced into my fist and burst into a shower of golden gears. I will forever wonder how that miracle of alchemic transmutation occurred, and I will forever mourn my dear Cogsworth.

04.png

Soon after, I came to one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. Tucked away in a hidden corner of this long-forgotten citadel were mountains of pure gold! It was enough to make my jaw drop, my palms moisten, and my heart to beat in sheer anticipation of the wealth it would soon bring. Assuming I could muster the strength to lift these massive blocks out of their resting places and carry them up the long stair to the top of the tower. I must wonder how the residents of this ancient fortress were able to acquire such tremendous amounts of the stuff, or how they managed to move it into place.

05.png

06.png

I was wandering further into the fortress, and soon came upon a shocking discovery. I had found shrines to long-forgotten gods of old. Oddly enough, the people of the citadel felt the need to explain each gods' actions, as though there were so many they couldn't always remember which did what. Among them was a shrine to some poor god who had no name, nor anything else to indicate their actions or character. I will always wish I knew who this god was, for the question will burn in my heart for all eternity.

07.png

08.png

09.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

After exploring further, I realized that I had spent an inordinately long time within the fortress, and must make my way out of the lost stronghold before I was thought to have been lost to the monstrous pigmen of the palisades. After weaving my way back through the fortress, taking more wrong turns than right ones, I finally found the tower, and ascended back to the surface, just in time to see the marvelous dawn of a new day.

15.png

After making my way back to land, I decided to investigate the mysterious lights I had seen on a cliff nearby. Soon, I came to a small staircase built under a massive tree, which led to a door carefully concealed behind some climbing vines. Upon trying the door, I was stunned to find it simply unlocked. So emboldened, I stepped inside, and was greeted with an otherworldly hall, the likes of which I had never seen before.

16.png

Obviously, this hall had taken some damage since its creation. I came to this conclusion thanks to the fact that part of its wall was dirt, with the root of some tree climbing through it. Having realized that the place may not be structurally sound, I decided to continue anyway, since I had not known anything in this world to collapse, save sand and gravel. I don't know why I even bothered thinking about the structural soundness of buildings anymore. They would always stand, even if it made no sense. I don't even know where the concept came from, now that I think about it. Although I suppose it could have come from that mad alchemist, Ripsand was his name, I think.

17.png

Upon reaching the end of the hall, I found a steep drop, with heavily damaged ladders leading down into the depths of the earth. Having just come up from said depths, I figured I might as well give it another whirl, and threw my life into the hands of centuries-old wood and rope.

18.png

Astoundingly, I survived my trip to the bottom of the descent, and was greeted with the sight of yet another door behind yet more climbing vines. I certainly hoped this wasn't going to become a consistent theme, as that would get tiresome rather quickly. That said, I decided to try the door, seeing as the previous one had been unlocked.

19.png

I was almost not surprised by the fact that the door was, yet again, unlocked. Upon entering the mysterious chamber beyond, I was greeted with a truly marvelous sight. Beneath an artificial sky lay a stunning recreation of the surface, dotted with a few houses of what appeared to be nothing short of truly enormous mushrooms!

20.png

21.png

22.png

Emboldened by the previous unlocked doors, but still fearing the worst, I tried the door to one of the cottages. Shockingly, it too was unlocked. I paused for a moment to consider the fact that whoever built this wondrous place had never heard of such a thing as a crime. I dismissed the thought immediately, seeing as that sort of thing would be nigh impossible. However, I realized that the owner of the cottage had quite a nice view, and decided to compliment them on it should they ever come home while I was over to visit.

23.png

After poking around their house and peeking inside their cabinets and drawers (they are such boring people! Not a single piece of lingerie in the house!), I decided I should visit the other cottage. Obviously, its owner was a much wealthier person, seeing as he had such a nice path and such a stunningly large mushroom to live in.

24.png

Upon trying the door, I was once again shocked to learn that it was actually unlocked. I was starting to wonder if I was the only person in the world who knew how to lock a door. I dismissed the thought immediately, after remembering that I had taught several of my allies the technique. That said, I was captivated by the beauty of the house, and stood in the doorway a moment before snapping yet another photograph. I must wonder where I got this camera, but I do admit it works wonders.

25.png

After making my way up to the second floor, I took it upon myself to look out the window. The view was simply breathtaking. I decided that very instant that I would insult the owner of the other cottage for his view, should I ever meet him, for this one was far more to behold than the other could ever have been.

26.png

After exploring this house to its limits, and deciding the owners had rather strange taste in music, I left and wandered a bit more within this subterranean Eden. It was simply stunning, and I must keep more of pictures of this place. I will treasure its memories forever.

27.png

28.png

My first sunrise on Harbringer, died 2 times already
UNYhY.png

After (finally) reaching our base, if find an empty pedestal.
I decide that i shall now build a statue here:
vv4yr.png

I think i did pretty well on this one.

Than venturing to get some minerals, i dig down (staircase wise, not directly)
At a certain depth, i find some sand. Meh, its just sand. Removing only one block made me fell down, hear a splosh and some zombies and nearly suffocated in a block. I look up to a massive hole..
I plunk down some torches and this is what i see:
ZzCxk.png

kqFJP.png

GHFiK.png

And then that spider killed me because i couldn't find my sword cause i was on F1

Ven, i approve of these kind of extra "dungeon" kind of thingies
I hope ill find more ;D

Now, how do i buy a plot...

Venetia":r2w5aay5 said:
ANNOUNCEMENT: Earn COGS or TEAM POINTS for SCREENSHOTS!

Post screenshots of super cool things you find in the world, and I'll give you what I think they're worth!
Are there any easier ways to make a quick Cog or Team Point?
... Well, there are, but this one is also pretty easy.

Like this?

2s61qnl.png

Ive got a bunch, so ill just pack them ;D

EbOQP.png

Assassin-ed my way up your maze
arE9H.png

Rendered a tree outside my terrain .__.
PZJNm.png

Warning, there are golems on the loose in Sprocket
bSYjP.png

Birch tree <3
nx5mD.png

Mycelium island, but no Mooshrooms for me o3o
cJcVo.png

77KhE.png

Summin i saw walking around, turned out to be nothing but nice scenery
5VjVq.png

More birch tree's <3
nodXT.png

Yay, another <3 (i like these)
H7oCu.png

~<3
6dVmb.png

A big tree
ka8sY.png

Traversing the big tree
OPBvU.png

A beautiful temple
ol2fX.png

Big tree again
2DDKo.png

An underwater glowing tree (turned out to be nothing but something funny)

JKbtS.png

NU0sP.png

UEint.png

kmHuw.png

Ugeev.png

6ic4E.png

wPv8B.png

bsBv4.png

dHjgt.png

EVIL :mad:
oeJau.png

dliJn.png

EI9Vo.png

mb3nz.png

i13mL.png

B1yAK.png

29ko1.png

27YsQ.png

x5tHj.png

JGp2k.png

lwzfY.png

b1e3v.png

KqqKu.png

fkc1n.png

9EjED.png

rLpXW.png

jghFw.png

AvUsv.png

XBO6m.png

JMMAE.png

JQddh.png

ulg9r.png

nJ0rI.png

KKp61.png

Error Message... :(

In total this killed me 12 times, than i used a fire resist potion
I died 1 time on the end, fire jump thing.
11 times in the jumping puzzle.
Of which 3 times by the chandelier and once by my twitchy fingers when i finally made it to the end of it

More screens:

EEWd9.png

ggrAw.png

Some weird line i saw when venturing far beyond Strifelands

7Htnq.png

X9g3x.png

Uchihaa and his first pumpkin (on the server)

navKp.png

ZVkuc.png

Of8jd.png

bWw75.png

Floating islands behind North Hamshire
But still outside of the Strifelands

hahaha those are cool! the floating island shots especially :O

Next time you're on, remind me to give you 1K cogs for all that :D

Also yeah @ the weirdly-lit lines around the continent, underwater ... They cropped up after about the 2nd or 3rd time I regen'd a new world and cut/paste the Strifelands continent into it. No matter what I do, they won't go away.
But they're sort of pretty in a weird way, so I didn't stress it too much.

Venetia":1kw6qrpv said:
hahaha those are cool! the floating island shots especially :O

Next time you're on, remind me to give you 1K cogs for all that :D

Also yeah @ the weirdly-lit lines around the continent, underwater ... They cropped up after about the 2nd or 3rd time I regen'd a new world and cut/paste the Strifelands continent into it. No matter what I do, they won't go away.
But they're sort of pretty in a weird way, so I didn't stress it too much.

If you place a block on one, it goes away. Just thought I should note that.

haha i tried messing w/ them in editors, and i tried worldedit'ing them, and I tried digging at them. All except for putting a block down on them. lol
like I said though it's not a big concern anymore IMO

Lpl63.png

rONoc.png

Error in adding? (Torches and trees underwater :S)
OiSJO.png

Who lives here?

More postcard material
llkef.png

CtGqF.png

aZoqj.png

0obL0.png

(Haha, surface redstone)
sKUhU.png

qbkUy.png

acA8m.png

GyXWc.png

Uchihaa being creepy ontop of my roof
zWU53.png

80lKe.png

zzwSl.png

Total lost:
2x Iron Chestplate
2x Iron Leggings
2x Iron Sword (One with a Sharpness I enchantment)
8x Steak
32x Torches
3x Basic Fire Resist
2x Splash Health I
3x Instant Health I
1x Regen I
1x Splash Poison I

qKfCt.png

Ven, whats up there? xD

That screenshot is out of date :mad: . It doesn't show the new white wolves hangout. Then again, that means it also doesn't show the weird circus house thing either. Also, when do we get access to the ~Sprocket Library~ ?

spaaaaaace.png

Spaaaaace

shrooms.png

Lol, I'm playing Minecraft for about a year, and this is first time I've see shrooms island.

moses.png

I'm Moses!

outofmana.png

But I don't have mana anymore. :<

bridgeb.png

Bridge to my labyrinth (entrance is just right behind me). It gonna be huge construction with secret passages, treasures etc.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.