Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTAB Add-On: Connected Attacking v 1.02

*checks again*

Hmm, sorry to bust your bubble, but the switch in Animated Battlers is already set to true, and that def Action_Phase commented. I copied both of 'em directly from the demo.

Right now I'm removing every script at a time to see which one is messing with the RTAB.

Could it have something to do with that I had to delete all regular RMXP scripts and copy and paste them from an other project? (A NEW one)

Edit: OK I got it to work. How? I pasted this script ABOVE Minkoff's SVBS and it stopped giving me the error. Pretty strange.

Interesting. Only thing missing now is a feild menu that keys in all of these new gameplay dynamics(like the combination attacks).

Nah, but think of combination skills (where two or more cast spells to create a new one) as a hidden feature... :D

Or, you could have a help menu or journal feature that tells you special combinations that you could use.

Personally, I'm gonna go with my 'Grouping and Details' script. It's got a system so I could type in additional info on my skills (as a text file). That way, it could say if the skill took long to cast, used an item, or interacted with any others. :D

I made sure it would work with Ccoa's Battle system and RTAB (yep... this is a plug... :D) There's a link in my signature. Just remember that there's a small edit needed for an overlooked flaw (really minor), and download the .pdf file that explains... EVERYTHING... in the system (pretty pictures too)!

I'm not going to display the skills at all. XD Just gonna say somewhere in the game "Sometimes combining skills will result in special abilities, but watch out as some of them are bad as well" and let the player store which abilities do which attacks themselves. Should be funny to have them cast 2 very strong spells and suddenly the spells get combined into an attack that cures everyone for 0 HP! Good idea to nerf strong spells from being used by everyone at the same time. :D

Oh, I LUV it. Great minds DO think alike.

Nothing says that help features... HELP... the player. Heck, why not have a magic journal that misleads someone and then after... it reads:
"OOPS! MY BAD!"
One very sick magicbook. :D

"Now combine the phoenix feather with the pearl liquid.

No, wait. That's wrong. Now you have to travel to Mount Doom 500 miles away from here and defeat the 20 Black Dragons to get the Dragon Fang, which is used to take them apart again.

Or was it Mount Ihu?"

:D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.