Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

rpgmaker xp ---> MMO

Igno

I'm sorry if this is posted here before but I did not find seartch button (maybe I'm going blind :P )

but in the point. I have seen projects that are MMO and I have heard people speaking of MMO's whits are done whit RPG XP but I just can find out how it works.

And I am kind a noob at this yet I know some very basic basic's like doing world, chars and enemys (and customising em) and I know how to insert script.

P.S Sorry my bad english ':|

Prexus said:
The down and dirty of it Igno, you'll have to wait for someone more talented and with more determination to do the hard work for you. Otherwise, you could simply go code it yourself.

I guess its a matter of how important it is to you.

Look in my sig...

Thanks for the compliments:P
Well quite honestly, if you don't know anything about scripts in RMXP, an MMO is not right for you. RMXP is not a great engine to make an MMO in, so combine that with the fact that you have little scripting knowledge and... it won't end up pretty.

its not a great engine but you can have like 100 players(+events) on one map i think. My guess is each player lags less then an event does. Thanks to the new server thats going to come out, we probably can increase that.

With netplay plus he'll only need to know the basics. He doesn't need to learn sockets or any advanced stuff. As long as he can edit windows and he can tell what a variable is, he is fine.

I know all you people think I'm bullshit but w/e. wait until it comes out.':|

Crash and Burn, essentially.

And screenshots aren't really proof of anything.

You make the claim that you have an ABS for Combat/PvP, and that it supports Pixel Movement. I'd like to know how that works. Does the ABS automagically adjust to calculate in pixels as opposed to tiles?

XD, dude i thaught you would know.. PvP was the esiest script I have done in my whole damn life as a scripter.

All i needed was the player's ID and thats it. Me(tm) made one too in just a matter of hours. His isn't compatible with NEar's ABS tho. His is more stand alone.

I never said it has pixel support. Me(tm) said it can be adjusted to use pixel support. Also ABS has nothing to do with pixel. All you would have to change is the movement commands to the pixel script's movement commands.

You making an ABS youself should already know this.

ALso, ther is a pixel movement script by fortchben(or w/e) in this forum that works near perfect. Did you really think I would waste my time on it? XP.

We might release an early beta soon, so all you can see and just ....

Prexus... Near's ABS does not do anything with maptiles but with PI radial lookups. Also, I would reconfigure the PvP (some minor edit) for Pixel mOvement but that is nothing really...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.