Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Rpg maker xp won't playtest

When i start rpg maker xp i cant create a new project at first
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r384/idklolomg10/game.jpg[/img]
then whey i click on ok i get...
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r384/idklolomg10/failed.jpg[/img]
then my avg starts
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r384/idklolomg10/avg.jpg[/img]
and when i click heal it starts to work when i try to make a new project

however it does this everytime i try to make a new game instead of making the problem go away it keeps repeating
i think i have a corrupt game file or something because i also cant playtest any games that i make either
when i click playtest i get this
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r384/idklolomg10/fprocess.jpg[/img]
so i think its because of my avg that keeps me from playtesting but im not sure
and I've completely deleted rpg maker xp and reinstalled it at least 3 time now.

any help?

Download.com?  Looks like your download is either defective or infected with a virus or something.

Ditch that copy, disinfect your hard drive, and download it directly from Enterbrain's website.

regi

Sponsor

Download.com is actually one of the mirrors Enterbrain supports, believe it or not I don't think they have an actual download on their site.

You might have a corrupted file somewhere in there, maybe instead of reinstalling RMXP try reinstalling the RTP?

Regi":37alxbwr said:
Download.com is actually one of the mirrors Enterbrain supports, believe it or not I don't think they have an actual download on their site.

You might have a corrupted file somewhere in there, maybe instead of reinstalling RMXP try reinstalling the RTP?

This dosen't work.  I've tried this about 1,000 and 1 times, and nothin'.

Have you tried checking RMXP's Permissions? I mean, I know that you're in Windows XP, but check how XP treats RMXP (Depending on who installed it, where it was installed, and several other factors, it may need admin access. Especially if you are on a limited account, and it was installed by the admin into Program Files, or another location that limited users may not be able to access/edit) Next, check how AVG treats the program, as it may be seeing RMXP as a threat to the computer. (There have been iddues related to certain versions of AVG and RMXP in the past.) If AVG is treating RMXP as a virus, trojan, or anything else, go into the program and tell it to ignore RPGXP.exe. (You may have to browse for it) Finally, if you have multiple hard drives, try installing it on the hard drive with the Windows partition (Usually C:), as some programs have issues when you don't.

Actually, the RMXP serials aren't stored under RMXP in the registry. Instead, they are stored under Protexis. Protexis is a company that Enterbrain worked with to protect their software. (This is also one reason why most XP activation codes work for VX, and vice-versa) Also, from what I can tell, this isn't related to the registry, but to how either Windows XP or AVG is treating the program, because it looks as though it is being blocked from several processes.

It might sound stupid, but have you tried taking Game.exe from another working game and replace the corrupted Game.exe where you installed RMXP with the new one?

Something similar happened to me a year ago, and it also happened when I tried to use RGSS2 with XP. Doing that worked out pretty well.

Dargor":13r0v8vn said:
It might sound stupid, but have you tried taking Game.exe from another working game and replace the corrupted Game.exe where you installed RMXP with the new one?

Something similar happened to me a year ago, and it also happened when I tried to use RGSS2 with XP. Doing that worked out pretty well.

It's the actualy system GAME.EXE that is infected.  No matter what game you download, it won't work.  Maybe if you could be as kind as to go into that folder, copy that file, and paste in in a ZIP then share it, that might work.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.