Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Rosareven's writing practice thread

I hope it's alright that I start a writing practice thread here for my stuff, so that there is one place for you guys to critique my mundane hobby writings on. The stuff I write here are generic imaginations of mine that aren't necessarily tied to anything in particular. If by any absolutely rare chance that you would like to use my writing practices here for your work, don't ask me at all, just go ahead.

Roleplaying muds and games (I don't mean MMORPGs, but games where you really act and talk as your character) used to be my big thing, until I can't afford the effort for these anymore. One of the really fun thing that got me into roleplaying though is writing background stories for my characters, and the stories are, more often than not, inspired by music that I've heard and liked so much that I imagine things with the music. I used to be really awesome (well I think) at writing, but now with real life and all my creativity with words has been all but rusty.

At the moment I'm helping out Ghost Shards with writing side of things in an attempt to spice my creativity back up, but I think I also need some of my own stuff out there if I am to keep my pen (or keyboard fingers) sharp. I'd feel really bad to produce poor work for someone else even if it's voluntary.

If you do critique my work here, please please please do CRITIQUE MY GRAMMAR! English is my second language and I often just blabber words that sound like they flow right. I would really appreciate it if you can give extra attention to my grammar.

Each writing is dedicated to a particular song or artwork that inspires me to write about it. The context is generic, it's just whatever feelings that incited from the song/artwork that make me want to put the feelings into words.

Today's song of inspiration (Ghost Shards' main theme song has been around my head for a while and this is the other song that reminded me from GS theme):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjgYImEo0ik

Sad World

The sun goes down, the moon raises up. Everyday with no difference.

We live, we die. Everyday, someone, somewhere, same fate.

But why, with all these eventualities, do I still suffer heartache for my loss?

She was supposed to die, one way or another. Either by my hands or my allies', she was to fall like those I showed no mercy for.

Yet when she found me gravely injured from a cave-in near her local village, knowing that I am the enemy of her territory judging by my uniform, all she said was "You're going to be really hurt if I don't do something".

I ended up with the most privileged spying opportunities of my enemy under her care. I blended into the enemy society as if I was part of them, gaining information that any scouts would dreamt of obtaining for a recognition from our king. I could return at any moment to claim my prize and give my allies an advantage to lay waste and conquer this place. She had been foolishly risking her life to care for a dangerous enemy of hers, one who could bring the secrets of her homeland to her enemy.

In the end, I was the foolish one. As a result of me keeping their secrets and sparing her life, she was eventually captured and interrogated by the hands of my allies, who would not end her life painlessly like I would have.

Today was the day she died, six years ago. The enemy territory remains well preserved, even with some battle wear, but not completely conquered. However, this battle has already lost for me.

No one will win in the end.

I just woke up at 3am and can't quite go back to sleep. My best time for more blabbering...

This isn't playing in the speaker for real, but looping in my head really clearly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95QwCcuutHE

Crystal dew from the grace of the morning Goddess
Shining radiance deflected from the father sun
As if looking into a gleaming eye of a determined
Powerful, determined to will itself into existence

Absorbed into the thirsty soil
Giving into the nature cycle
Disturbance is forbidden here
When the fairy of the peace mesmerise the atmosphere
with the breath of the Goddess

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.