Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] Help with levanan's Light Circles Script v1.2c

Posting here since levanan hasn't seemed to log in since March 2012. Levanan's light circle script seems to be doing exactly what I need as simply as possible (have tried four or five different scripts so far).

Now, the problem I'm facing is that I want the hero to be able to turn off and on light sources, like candles or fireplaces. Which works just fine, except for the flickering effect of the events. If I change the $flick function, it only affects the hero's personal light source (as far as I know). If I set the default flicker for the event, it flickers even if the light strength is at 0.

Examples:
Comment: 1 (event number)
Comment: 0 (light strength)
Comment: 50 (light flickering)
Result: The unlit candle randomly flickers to life.

Comment: 1
Comment: 0
Comment: 0
Result: The unlit candle doesn't flicker, but neither does the lit candle when I light it with $sensitivity_2[1]=50.

I'm a very basic scripter, but I tried to figure it out on my own. I tried using $flick[1]=50, which returned a script error once I tried to light the candle. I tried editing the script, changing $flick=0 into $flick[0]=0, which not too surprisingly returned a script error on playtesting. I've tried to look through the rest of the script to see where the events get their flickering from, but it must use another term altogether and I have no clue as to which it uses, and how to change that.

I've gone over the topic conversation several times, trying to see if there's something I've missed, but haven't found anything. His demo doesn't offer any help either, as it only has static light events.

Is there anyone who can help?

hi NoxCorporatus wish u a good day.

Well nice to listen that the script is actually useful to you.

If you are still working on the project, just call up a script to change the event's comment(change the value of event_id):

Code:
event_id=1

for event in $game_map.events.values

if event.list && event.list[0].code == 108

if event.list[0].parameters.to_s == 

event_id.to_s

event.list[2].parameters="100"

end

end

end

hopes this help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.