Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RM2K3] Serious Problem

I don't know why, but for a few days now, whenever I try to play music or test my game, the program locks up. It wasn't like this before, and I don't know what the problem is. What should I do?

When you play background music in the editor itself? I can't think of any reason why that would happen, in 2K3 or XP.

Have you tried playing MIDIs in other programs? It might not be strictly related to RPG Maker.

Anonymous

Yes reinstall the audio drive or update it expecially if it is a realtek audio! Also its possible that your midi plug in or codec is missing as well.

...Okay, I'll explain.  Somebody ought to...

Drivers are bits of software that you install on your computer to make the hardware attached to your machine work properly-- there are mouse drivers, printer drivers, and audio drivers, among other things.  If you type "Audio Drivers" into a search engine, you can generally find sites with free downloads of drivers of all kinds, and it's generally very simple to find, download, and install them.

Flux capacitors... are fictional.  Technobabble from, oh, Star Trek or Star Wars or Buckaroo Banzai or something like that. 

Clearer now?

AdditionalPylons":1lgjb0cx said:
Thank you for clearing that up.

But what audio driver do I need? There's tons out there.

You need to determine exactly which sound card you have.
To do this, Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Information
Under Components, select Sound Device
It should tell you which sound card you are using.
Now look for the latest driver for that sound card.

Josh, "Back to the Future".  (you're making me look old!)

Be Well

Rev, that one's kinda old (2004). Mine is a 2006, and there's a 12/20/2007 version available for my M90.  Pylon's, from that page Rev posted, Select "Drivers & Downloads". It should prompt you for your model. If it doesn't, select "Select a different Product", and choose your model.
Then go down to the list & select Audio.

Rev, how did you know he had a Dell?

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.