Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Rise of the Elementals

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Rise of the Elementals by GrandDragon

A sample game that can be used as a mapping tutorial or played as a full game.

• Story Synopsys:

Journey with two paladins of the Cathedral of Amus as they investigate a strange illness that has befallen a farming community. An illness that will lead them on a journey across the world to stop four powerful and evil beings from reviving into the world.​
  • Characters:
    This being an RTP game, I wont bother posting images of the characters or the villains.Rise of the Elementals

I really don't like how you used default actors as the main characters of this game, doesn't show any creativity to me.

The maps don't look bad, at least to me, that seems ok so far.

Now your storyline, I don't know how you could make anything long with that. So evil beings are rising to destroy the world, why? And what prompts your characters into going on this little adventure?

Ratty524;286424 said:
I really don't like how you used default actors as the main characters of this game, doesn't show any creativity to me.

The maps don't look bad, at least to me, that seems ok so far.

Now your storyline, I don't know how you could make anything long with that. So evil beings are rising to destroy the world, why? And what prompts your characters into going on this little adventure?

Graphics have absolutely NOTHING to do with the level of creativity

Well when I started planning this game, I realized, not 1 single game so far utilized the default stuff. And I designed this to be like a sample game to show new people character development and how to map.

As for the storyline, you'd have to play a little bit in to discover why the characters go on their journey to stop the elementals from rising.

Ratty524;286445 said:
So, this is kind of like a tutorial to show people how to make a game?

Yes pretty much. As I said it's designed to be a sample game. A demonstration of the default stuff rmxp is capable of. At the same time I wanted to provide a game that is also fully playable with it's own storyline and to show the players that games can be made without the standard cliche of hero town being destroyed.

Enterbrain's sample game used nothing of the rtp. And the RTP is the most popular right now being used. And seeing as people have been looking for mapping tutorials and such, I wanted to provide that.

Look, THAT is a game. 0.44mb, downloading now.
EDIT: Wew, that mapping is really good.
One problem: It takes some time before the menu is loading...
EDIT2: Work a bit on your indoors. They are a bit open in that village...

Mr_Smit;286575 said:
Look, THAT is a game. 0.44mb, downloading now.
EDIT: Wew, that mapping is really good.
One problem: It takes some time before the menu is loading...
EDIT2: Work a bit on your indoors. They are a bit open in that village...

Which village? And I am glad you like my mapping. Also, menu? I used the default menu.

This is amazing.
I hope my game can be at least this in depth.
Like other people have said, You are a great mapper.

How long did this take you?

Ninjitsu500;294226 said:
This is amazing.
I hope my game can be at least this in depth.
Like other people have said, You are a great mapper.

How long did this take you?

About 7 months to finish the game overall because sometimes I took extended breaks from making the game to enjoy life. Probably would of been sooner if I worked non-stop

Holy crap, 0.44 MB to huge! lol well anyways, good game in my oppinion, your indoors could use a little work, but it is pretty good any ways. 5/5 Good job! really because it is a sample map! :)

Deathboy312;296197 said:
Holy crap, 0.44 MB to huge! lol well anyways, good game in my oppinion, your indoors could use a little work, but it is pretty good any ways. 5/5 Good job! really because it is a sample map! :)

Well they say practice makes perfect. If you got some suggestions on how I might improve my indoors I welcome the feedback, especially which towns, etc I should look at for improvements. I might make a sequal sometime in the future.

Well, I was looking for caves to learn from.
Not that many of them.
And your game was the first time Ive even seen anyone use InnerBody, so lol.
Reminded me of Ozzy and Drix.

Im really enjoying playing the game but I have ran into a problem. I have just entered what they call the Cold North and Ive taken on the challenge of getting the mayors daughter back from vampires. I entered the castle but i cannot descend the stairs, they arent allowing me and north the passage is blocked by spikes. Can you help?

KendriaD;309799 said:
Im really enjoying playing the game but I have ran into a problem. I have just entered what they call the Cold North and Ive taken on the challenge of getting the mayors daughter back from vampires. I entered the castle but i cannot descend the stairs, they arent allowing me and north the passage is blocked by spikes. Can you help?

Yes I found the problem. During the testing phase I realized I wanted to add a basement level to the tower. So I added the event in, but forgot to add an event to the new staircase. Simply redownload and install the game. The problem was fixed.

Thank you for fixing the bug. I have another problem now: i got to the basement in the castle, but i cant go over the bridge. Another bug?

Thanx for your reply, btw, love the game :)

Aldoriell;312935 said:
Thank you for fixing the bug. I have another problem now: i got to the basement in the castle, but i cant go over the bridge. Another bug?

Thanx for your reply, btw, love the game :)

Yeah was the way the tileset was made in rtp. I went over every bridge with a blank tile on the third layer that is walkable and updated the download again.

And thanks, glad you like it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.