Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RGSSAD/RGSS2A Decryption

Some bad news for the RM world, RGSSAD decryption has been discovered and released to the public some time ago by a chinese guy, leexuany.
Here is a link to his post about this in his blog: leexuany's Blog - Translated Version

Also, here are direct links to both sources and bin of the program:
rgssad_wx.rar
rgssad_wx_src.rar

For extracting the resources of a RGSSAD/RGSS2A with the program, it is really simply:
- Open it
- If it is a .rgss2a file(From a RMVX game), change its name to Game.rgssad
- Click on the first button(Upper right one) and select the RGSSAD/RGSS2A file
- Click on the second button(Below the first one), then select the folder where RGSSAD data will be extracted
- And finally click the 3th button for starting the extraction proccess

However, not everything are bad news. There is still some hope to protect your games. There are some indications on leexuany's Blog, but I will try to do something soon.

Edit: I have to add an important thing before people start saying wrong things. This program is not ilegal. This program isn't a product of some RPG Maker modification, or something like that. It just extracts the rgssad files with an algorithm leexuany created.

vgvgf":1kthq6k1 said:
However, not everything are bad news.

I just decrypt one of my first projects, for which I deleted the sources. T_T
I'm crying, I'm so happy.

Thank you, Vgvgf.
Thanks to leexuany too.

But I think many makers will not be happy...

EDIT : I never believe this cryptation will working forever.

King Kadelfek":864nuhrc said:
Thank you, Vgvgf.
Thanks to leexuany too.
Well, thanks only leexuany for this, I just presented this here, and nothing more.
computerwizoo7":864nuhrc said:
Nooooooo!!!!
what the hell is this!
I don't want people cracking open my game!
Don't worry about this too much, you will be able to protect your game(Not 100% protection, no method can do that), just let me finish a tutorial on how to protect a game against this.

I just tried it out and it works. To extract a game.rgss2a file, simply rename it game.rgssad. I didn't know if that was mentioned or not. :thumb:

computerwizoo7":95b1wy38 said:
Nooooooo!!!!
what the hell is this!
I don't want people cracking open my game!

who would want to crack open your game?  lol?

This can be a very useful tool.  For instance, if you decrypted your game then lost the game after some sort of computer crisis type stuff, you can get your game back.

But...there are bound to be some people that will go around decrypting games just to steal their scripts/resources/whatever.  For instance, I've always wanted a decrypted Quintessence.  I'm not gonna do that, I'm just sayin.  :P

He release the source of the program, that means people can learn the decryption algorithm, and find a way to protect such decryption.

I don't mind much about decryption though. They can't take away your resources and make money out of it, if your resources are original. If they want to look at my script, then feel free to do so. I don't think I'm great enough of a scripter to be used as an example.  But if that's gonna help them learn something, then that's great!

The only thing I don't like about this decryption is that my bad coding habits will be exposed! :(

For some reason this won't work with rgss2.

I tested it out on my own and game the program won't even open it :x

edit:

oh, just saw that guys post.  never mind.

You know I have been wondering, why are people so afraid of letting their game open? It's not like it has original content or original script (exclude some stuff) :V

it's like saying:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!111 MY COPY PASTED SCRIPTS!!111
NO!!!!! MY EDITED RTP AND RURUGA FACES!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I believe the only time you can complain is when: NOOOOO! MY ORIGINAL TILESETS, SPRITES, ARTWORK, AND SCRIPTS!

I think another reason beside the resources is that people are afraid that they gonna use this decryptor to cheat their games.

Now, someone should come up with a script obfuscator :)

hima":1puylceu said:
I think another reason beside the resources is that people are afraid that they gonna use this decryptor to cheat their games.

I still don't see why this is a reason to encrypt games :U
then again they can do the backup system Carius did on his game that it'll detect if someone is cheating or something
or this..

Now, someone should come up with a script obfuscator :)

@Ynlraey
But that backup system then needs to be encrypted or else someone can fix that and disable it :)

Though, I think to encrypt or not is entirely up to the developer. Thus it isn't weird that you don't see why people wanna encrypt the game for that reason.

Ynlraey":1zcdkwr5 said:
I believe the only time you can complain is when: NOOOOO! MY ORIGINAL TILESETS, SPRITES, ARTWORK, AND SCRIPTS!

But my deal DOES have original tiles, sprites, artwork, and scripts and I DO NOT want people stealing them super easily when it's released. :mad:

also people who go commercial will DEFINITELY be against it.

Lastly, if people want their shit to be decrypted then they should be able to have it safe!!!

I mean this kind of thing is bound to happen all the time, it's just the way of things, but it would be extremely nice for someone to put as much effort into ENCRYPTION, too.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.