Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RGSS] Framebuffer?

Is there a way to grab the final rendered frame buffer in RGSS?

I'm using RMVX and in short I was to see about getting the framebuffer in RGSS so I could do some post processing effects on it.

Thank you.

Still works for post-processing. AFAIK RM* is single-buffered, making a "real" framebuffer useless.

Maybe one of these days I'll get bored enough to reimplement the Graphics/Bitmap classes using OpenGL, which would allow me to double-buffer the game. I'd need your old transition re-implementation to do so, glitch.

EDIT: VX and later are double buffered. XP is not, that I can tell. (Can't see the actual renderer to confirm...)

theory":39m9wsat said:
Still works for post-processing. AFAIK RM* is single-buffered, making a "real" framebuffer useless.

Maybe one of these days I'll get bored enough to reimplement the Graphics/Bitmap classes using OpenGL, which would allow me to double-buffer the game. I'd need your old transition re-implementation to do so, glitch.

EDIT: VX and later are double buffered. XP is not, that I can tell. (Can't see the actual renderer to confirm...)

Hah, the old transition is apparently one of very few things I seem to have lost somehow. Not that it would be difficult to reimplement, now that I actually know C++.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.