Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RESOLVED]Editing the message box

Recently, my friend and I have been working on a project and we had this CRAZY idea that it would be... unique. We made this picture (below).

Theme2.png

With the box having the "fluff" on the outside, I left the entire image at 640x480 thinking it would eliminate the need to resize anything if I made different ones. The box itself is in the same place as the normal message would be and I generally don't change the boxes position.

I've been pondering and fiddling with code for a couple days now to MAYBE get it to replace the window that standard messages would be displayed in. I'm not THAT great with code, and maybe I'm even looking in the wrong place.

In the Window_Message script, I've tried adding a Bitmap, but the problem is that I don't know much about manipulating Bitmaps in RGSS.

How would one go about adding that picture to display instead of the windowskin for JUST messages?

Any ideas and support will be appreciated to the extreme
Please don't go out of your way to make the script for me. I want to learn how to do this.

Thank you.

EDIT: I've decided that I'll just take the long way around and do it with events.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.