Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[resolved]Custom Inventory for XP

I've looked around a lot for a script like this but I can't find a thing.

Generally what I want is an item screen that displays a large picture of a single item and scrolls to the next item in your inventory if you press a direction.

When you select the item you are then presented with 3 more pictures, each of these pictures is an option (I much prefer using pictures to the crappy default rpg xp text boxes)

I have put up an example of the layout to give people an Idea of what I'm looking for.

9zzq.png

Also if you have played Silent Hill then you will probably understand what I'm aiming for... not that I'm making a silent hill game, I just love the layout.

yes and no.

I do just want the inventory like this, but I only use inventory, diary and quit in my menu and I already have the rest of the menu scripted (also have a karma system displayed in the main menu screen)
the only menu I have left to change from the awful rtp style is the inventory.

the other thing I will need is a message to appear when you select examine giving an in depth description of the item.

most importantly... NO DISCARD as its a horror game with no consumable items and no need for any discarding (all the items will be key items)

I've already got most of the custom graphics done, started recording the soundtrack, scratch built a karma system and have even started gathering local voice talent for this game. the only hurdle left is finishing the menu off, so if someone can help with this I will be very grateful for the help as it will really get the ball rolling on a project that I have put a lot of love and time into.

Well I'm interested so you could send me the details (and graphics) either here or in PM so I can make it with that. Shouldn't take long.

Just make sure to put as many details about the inventory screen as possible.

Also few more questions:

Is this one character game or more like standard party system?
What types of items are there going to be (i.e. only key items or are there going to healing items as well)?

I'll send you the script when I'm done, in return I wanna play that thing when it's done. It sounds really awesome. :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.