Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Regi: Scavenger [10/60 Hours]

regi

Sponsor

This will be my update thread for progress on Scavenger.

For organizational purposes, actual content will probably be posted in the subforum (PM if you'd like access). I will make sure to keep a constant stream of updates and screenies in this thread, however.

Week 1 Summary (11/1-11/7): Completed 5 hours of Golmar dungeon, 1 hour of enemy and concept design, half hour of miscellaneous graphics and scripts.

Week 2 Summary (11/8-11/15): More work on Golmar dungeon, cleaned ABS code and enemy scripts for 2 hours.

Week 3 Summary: took a break.

Week 4 Summary: 1.5 hours of concept design and artwork on a new platformer.

regi

Sponsor

Week 1 Progress

Day 1: 2 hours of dungeon design. Created most of 40x30 map in Golmar Mines involving minecart/track-altering puzzle. It's a tad difficult when the dungeon involves backtracking (so the puzzles occur in reverse order :S).

Day 2: 2 hours of dungeon design and database coding. Polished previous map and started on new explosive and minecart puzzles, as well as coding a new bomber enemy.

Day 3: 30 minutes, polishing previous maps and enemies.

Day 4: 30 minutes reviewing and updating plot and gameplay, enemy designs, and other miscellaneous concepts; another half hour's work on dungeon design.

Day 5: 45 minutes on dungeon design. Will map out soon.

Day 6: 15 minutes of miscellaneous graphics and scripts. Found interesting world map generator, though will need to touch up later.

regi

Sponsor

Week 2 Progress

Day 8: Spent 2 hours cleaning code for ABS and working on spawning enemies (just ended up creating an enemy that "summoned" them).

regi

Sponsor

A combination of illness, work, and lack of motivation hit me hard first week. Don't know if I can keep up with the current goal of 60 hours (lot of catching up to do), but I'm not out yet!

regi

Sponsor

Lesson to be learned: once you start lagging behind, it's even harder to get back on your feet.

I've had little to no motivation to continue work on my project the past week, but now that I've a little more free time, I've decided to work on a new game idea. I'll probably return to Scavenger once things cool down and I get back in the mood for action rpgs.

Day 27?: worked 1.5 hours on concept design and artwork for a platformer.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.