Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Playing a flash movie in RMXP?

I'd love to be able to use that AVI viewer to view videos in my game, but the thing is: I can't export my flash vids to an AVI format ;.;

how would I be able to play a flash movie in my game? can someone help me out >.>?

You could likely use the MPEG exporter (or whatever video format, I know it exports to one), then find a converter to AVI? Without installing Flash Player, or recoding it yourself, it's probably impossible.

there are freeware converters that convert flv and swf to avi.
Use the Play AVI files script.
I use SUPER to convert videos for my rmxp project, remember to keep them at 640x480 resolution.

Do you already have the movie player script?
RMXP doesnt support movie playing by default, so you need the script.
Also, if you needed a video converter, you should use STOIK Video Convertor (its free). You can get it at: http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/
Just scroll down and click download on teh left side.
When converting the videos though, make sure you convert them medium size (640x480) and with the Cinepak codec, otherwise, it wont play.
If you need the script, just ask me =)
Hope this helps!

chuchan;262398 said:
Do you already have the movie player script?
RMXP doesnt support movie playing by default, so you need the script.
Correction: It does :p Read my Resource Knowledge Database tutorial for more information (link in signature).

And for the video converter, I can suggest Total Video Converter... not free, but that bitch converts anything to anything, really... it's worth every cent of it.

SUPER is the best freeware converters there is! Does all the formats you can think of. It's a shame it's not very well known. I didn't know it does it by default, I'm gonna read your thing.
EDIT: Blue, it's much better to have the video play in game.exe's window then have it minimize then play through wmp...

wow ^-^ thanks to all of you, I'll try blue's method first, it seems a bit simpler, but I kinda like the movie thing... hmm... hard to choose, but thanks for the links to movie converters ^-^

Listen, I don't really mean to be a necrobumper, but this works WORNDERFULLY, especially with the fade in and fade out events and switches... I'm very glad someone came through with that STOIK, cause it was harder than heck finding a way to create AVI files that actually came in the right codec... now? no issue...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.