Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

(pixel art) tileset for a 2d top-down RMXP'ish game

Hey guys
I am looking for a talented pixel artist to re-create some of the good old RMXP tilesets into a new and fresh version.
So if you feel like you're up for the task I would like to hear from you! (Don't forget to include portfolio)

I have attached a couple of in-game screenshots. The aim is to have all this 'placeholder' graphics from RMXP replaced, and if the job goes well, there is additional work available (more tilesets, charsets, effects etc.).

Example_Castle2.png
Example_Castle1.png
Example_EmptyWorld.png

For all the details check out the upworks job description.

I look forward hearing from you.

I'd highly suggest reading through a mapping improvement thread, or perhaps watching some youtube tutorials on how to map in RMXP. Once you can make maps that look nice with the default RTP, then go looking for people to make you replacement tilesets. As it stands, the examples you provided would likely turn an artist away, because you don't know how to use what you're given.

Just my two cents.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.