Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Omassus - The Energy Within

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Can i aks which Combat System you use?

Well the Screens looks ok but not soo good ^^
A Fog or somethink perhapse make it realy better ^^

greez zeroStar

Try out the game I'm sure you'll find it more than the screenshots. While it may resemble ff in many ways, it's unique story and solid content and quests I find it make it a nice nostagia for ff fans who want a new oldschool game.

As for the combat system, it's on this site somewhere, it was a japanese side combat system, try searching for it, I'll post the name when I have more time.

Im playing this at the moment. Just got through the ice cavern bit and really so far the only thing i can even slightly moan about is the amount of random encounters you get into. Every few steps its another fight my Potion supplies went down incredibly fast. Really enjoying it though and the mapping seems excellent to me :thumb:

Did you at least get the fire spell from the wizard west of the village you start in? If you have the fire spell, going through the caverns is quite easy and allows you to save your potions for the later levels.

Wow, I gotta say this game is awesome. I've made it past the first boss in the caverns and am now seeing the second village.

Great maps, awesome story, overall well done. I have a question though, how do I get down the cave where the man's daughter fell?

Thanks for the feedback. Please if anyone has played my game, I have put alot of time and effort into it, please leave comments and any criticism you may have.

And Chaos to get down the cave...

you need to buy rope at the store and use it on the crack in the ground, then you can proceed to the underground caverns where Ruben's daughter is being help captive

Heh, ok, sorry to tell you this, but I have some not so good feedback.

First of all, I see a lot of noticeable spelling errors XD Now I know I do the same thing so I'm not going to be picky, but just wanted to let you know.

That's not the main thing that bugs me though. Number one, there are too many random battles. Battles that are amazingly hard. I spend over 10 minutes just trying to kill two unicorn creatures? All they kept doing was healing. They attacked a little but, but other than that it was healing here and there. I finally had to escape. Other battles, I couldn't even come close to beating because it seems like I was stunned the whole freakin time.

That's not really the worst part. The worst part was that I couldn't even use any of my magic abilities. I don't know how it works for everyone else who has played, but I downloaded this game 3 different times, hoping it would let me use magic, but every time I use any magic move, I keep getting an error which exits me out of the game.

So basically, I didn't even care to continue after finding out the pass was closed because of the earthquake. I didn't even want to go to the mines. Normally I can stand most RPGs and little quirks about them, especially when they are made in RMXP, but this is just... I dunno... annoying to a point where I don't even want to play the game anymore. Anyway there's my rant :P

And believe me, I'm almost never one to complain about an rmxp game, so that means when I do, something is really wrong.

Oh, nice use of the FF music by the way =)

Speedpaws, I appreciate the criticism, did you have any positive points to add at all though?

I take criticism very seriously, and am really considering to re-release the game without as many random encounters and perhaps easier difficulty.

As for the bug of using magic, it's random, sometimes you can go the whole game without it happening, it's a bug in the battle script I'm trying to fix.

As for the path being closed, than that's really the beginning of the game and there's so much more, but perhaps I'll take your advice and fix the difficulty.

For spelling errors, could you please list some so I know where I can find them, I check the game for spelling but it's possible I missed some.

Thanks

If you get past the fact that there's so many random battles, it's a great game with a cool story. I love the setup and solid puzzles so far.

I have one question however, where is the pirates' base?

I'm really considering re-releasing it without so many random battles, and making it easier a bit.

As for the pirates' base:

Go west past ilbir and look at the cave behind the forest

Well this is my 3rd try. I am trying to get past the snow cave where the wall is blocked but everytime I run into an enemy who casts paralyze on me and it ends up causing an error in the game which exits my screen. This has happened 3 times and I am not able to get past the cave without it having the error and exiting the game.

I'll have to check if any updates have come out for that script, I know it gave problems for me as well.

I hope to fix it soon, been a bit busy these past weeks. Thanks for your input.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.