Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Odd ''Script is hanging'' Error.

Alright this is happening with Moonpearls Animated Menu.

It only happens with the MAIN menu of it (i can delete it and use default main menu and other animated menus work fine)
I can use the Animated Main menu once, and open the other animated menu's fine, (Equip,Skills,Items) those also still work fine and run properly
although if i EXIT those screens and return to the main menu, it Lags (second time main menu loads), lags more if it loads a third time, and HANGS if it loads a 4th time

"it just sounds like its opening multiple instances of it and not closing down properly''
^This is my theory to that, i can post my scripts and custom scripts and all if anyone wants to check this issue.

We can't figure out what's going on until we have your scripts - Can you post your Scripts data file? The one in your project under the Data folder.
You'll need to upload it to a hosting site of some sort.

Status Effect names don't appear in battle either (on your characters no normal/poisoned/flanked states)

Can't seem to access the level up menu when i level up.
Got level up menu fixed.

Equip Menu, Script Hanging and No Status effect names in battle is what's left.

http://www.filedropper.com/scripts_4 Try this one now, it has everything, Only thing working poorly is the Multi-Slot equip script and the Main menu which hangs.... Thanks again for tryin to help me :)

(the other upload lacked 2 scripts)

$scene = Scene_Upgrade.new (Level Up/Stat Distribution scene)
$scene = Scene_MissionMenu.new (Quests Scene)
$scene = Scene_Bestiary.new (Bestiary Scene)

These scenes work perfectly fine, if you are able to have them be accessible via the menu, like how theres equip,status,skill, buttons/pages.
I'd like there to be one for those too, like Equip, Status, Quests, Bestiary, Stats, ect.

Any suggestions for it? You are also correct, testing without waving buttons = works smooth. I do admit it is optional graphic effect, but if there is a way to have it work without hanging, that'd be cool, if not...Oh well.

Also...what to do about that Equip Menu? That would be the last issue O_O

I would need around 12-14 slots for it

Weapon R
Weapon L
Shield
Helmet
Armor
Clothes
Pauldrons
Gauntlets
Greaves
Boots
Acc1
Acc2
Acc3
Acc4

Also the Equip Menu crashes if opened a second time.

I seem to have fixed the equipment menu by placing ''Level Req'' before it.

I can equip items to my characters but once done, it crashes if i open the equip menu of one character in particular.

$scene = Scene_Upgrade.new (Level Up/Stat Distribution scene)
$scene = Scene_MissionMenu.new (Quests Scene)
$scene = Scene_Bestiary.new (Bestiary Scene)

These scenes work perfectly fine, if you are able to have them be accessible via the menu, like how theres equip,status,skill, buttons/pages.
I'd like there to be one for those too, like Equip, Status, Quests, Bestiary, Stats, ect.

I'd also like to see the ''Region name'' of the Region Script Map ID in the Menu rather than simply the Maps name (If thats any possible)

Save Menu isn't working now...

I have Fixed the Save Screen, I have Managed to add the 3 scenes to the Menu too so don't bother with that please.

Region Names showing up would be nice though.

Equip Menu is now my only bug as it crashes on 1 character for some reason.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.