Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Normal Event Problem

Hey guys.

I have normal scene. It has a fire moving in paralel process, a sound repeating itself in a paralel process and finally, it has 5 events that all move simultaneously. It does everything good until the movement part. From there, it breaks, the music keeps playing, but the image is sort of stuck. What am I to do?

Thanks.

Because it's an autorun event, you should have something at the end that will stop it from running, whether you do a self switch to change pages or erase the event. Exit Event Processing won't work.

From your screenshots there's nothing stopping the event near the end.

I fixed it everyone. Like, before all the walking, I had this switch called "Music" that would put a sound in a loop, repeating it self. I just deleted the event with that sound and the movement was capable of proceeding.

Ok, so, suddenly, another error has surged.

Sorry for double-posting.

Like, now, the Auto-Run event that was running the cutscene doesn't run. Nothing was changed on it, it simply doesn't run. At first, on that event, I had an empty event in Paralel Process activating Self Switch A so it could be run (the cutscene event). But that doesn't work anymore.

What am I to do?

It's very confusing, what you're trying to do.

So the autorun event's first page is a Parallel Process that turns on self switch A, which activates the auto-run page 2? You don't need the first page at all.
I highly suggest uploading a new game with all of the events on that map. You can copy and paste the map itself and it'll copy everything.

seita":3shzchzl said:
You can copy and paste the map itself and it'll copy everything.

Doesn't copy events accurately. I've done that before and it messed up my transfer events etc.

I'll take a look at the file and see if I can help. It's dl-ing now.

Yeah, like, the event before this (also not playable) also had a problem like that when I transfered the player to the map I'm having problems right now (it wouldn't tint screen).

Ryuzaki":vnezb2zw said:
Doesn't copy events accurately. I've done that before and it messed up my transfer events etc.

I'll take a look at the file and see if I can help. It's dl-ing now.

I assumed all of the events were restricted to the map, didn't think there were any transfers.
Anyway, this will be a problem for me because I don't use VX. Guess its up to L.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.