Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

"New Game +" Alternate Title Screen?

Zak

Hey, I've been wanting to do this for a while but never knew how to. You know how some games have alternate title screens when you complete the game (ie. you're on your New Game +) - such as KH: Chain of Memories, when you complete Sora's story and move on to Riku's, and the title screen changes from Sora to Riku - well, is there a way to do that in XP?

For instance, an ideal situation would be that you turn on a switch and that switch changes the Title Screen itself. But I'm guessing it wouldn't be that easy, and if it's possible a small script of some sort would be required.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Umm, Descretion, I don't think it's a good idea..
I wish I could fix this, but I never worked with SDK. I took a look at its Scene_Title, and couldn't make heads or tails of it.
You'll have to use events/ request a SDK compatible script.

This should work, just change the 2 contants ^^
Code:
class Scene_Title

Alternate_title = '001-Gameover01.jpg'

Complete_Switch = 20

def main_sprite

super

name = $data_system.title_name

for i in 0..3

savefile = "Save#{i+1}.rxdata"

if FileTest.exist?(savefile)

file = File.open(savefile, 'r')

3.times { Marshal.load(file) }

switches = Marshal.load(file)

if switches[Complete_Switch]

name = Alternate_title

end

file.close

end

end

@sprite = Sprite.new

@sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.title(name)

end

end

Zak

Ahh! Victory! Thank you very much :) And a big thanks to everyone else who's helped, silver wind in particular for the big script which would've solved my problem if that big mean SDK hadn't been in the way D:

Next stop - changing the title bgm. Haha :blank:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.