Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

My Pokemon Frankensprites

I feel like sharing my collection of pokemon Frankensprites with you guys. xD That was way back in the day though. Like, I don't even remember, 4 years ago I think. It was during a time where it was sort of a fad to gather a bunch of pokemon, and mix them together (making sure they retain their... "naturality" like any other franksprite, of course, we just called them a spritemix). Now, I don't really remember all the pokemon that took part of some sprite-mixes, since some are like more than 5, so I may not actually remember correctly which pokemon were involved or not, but... w/e...

Anyhow, I have a lot of sprites... so, I'll only post a couple. x_x Mainly the ones from this challenged, where I was challenged to make like 5 sprite-mixes and each containing 5-6 pokemon. Here they are. I tried my best to be creative with some:

Rapiken (Rapidash's base+Poliwhirl's belly+Kingler's claw(?) as a necklace+Spinda's eyes+Magneton's screws)

Dopplezam (Least attractive: Wigglytuff's base+Alakazam's spoons+Golem's claws+Machamp's feet+Raichu's tail)

Mewile (Mew's base+Grumpig's ears+Smoochum's shirt+Tentacruel's pincers+Scizor's claw+Corsola's... errm... coral thingies; Mawile wasn't part of the list, and I just used him for the name)

Blah (I initially started Herascythe with Piloswine's base. But it didn't work out so well, so I started from scratch. I just kept this because I found it funny looking)

Herascythe (Heracross as base+Seviper's color/poison tail+Corsola's coral things again+Slowking's head gem thing+Piloswine's fur+Donphan's ankle bracelets)

Spinbeat (Volbeat base+Torkoal's shell+Shellgon's legs+Sneasel's leaf thing+Grovyle's leaves+Donphan ankle braclets again I think)

Last but not least from the challenge; and my favorite:
Kazamatrix (Dusclops's hands+Chimeco base+Blaziken's "fire"/eyes+Azumarril's ears+Tentacruel's tentacles+There has to be at least one more. >_<)

I have more, but... there are just many... so... yeah... I'll just post my photobucket.

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z52/ ... /?start=40

It starts with
Spidgey (Pidgey + Spearow) Definitely around 4 years ago

My first sprite mix. And continues chronologically from the first page to the last page. x_x

Ending with
Tanperior (Tangrowth+Rhyperior) I returned for a moment a year or two ago.

Sir":1hlcxndz said:
I like these,i watched pokemon like non stop when iwas heaps younger. VEry good edits man!

You obviously never saw the stuff that got posted on the official Nsider forums before Nintendo shut them down. Those made these look like nothing.

Anyway, I recommend trying to fit the sprites together a bit better. Here, lemme dig through my old photobucket account for something. Here are two I made ages ago. (And, to be honest, I sucked at it compared to many of the veterans there)

Dodruple.png

Sig3.gif

One more piece of advice: Until you get really good at it, try to keep it simple. It makes it easier, and they usually look better.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.