Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Moving platforms

I found in my archives an old script that I made perhaps one year ago and which was apparently only released in French. This script handles moving platforms.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/1707/pfqy8.png[/img]

As it seems that there is no similar script on this board, I made a quick (and poor) translation.
The script itself is quite long, so I post a demo :
http://www.mediafire.com/?n3cs2dz5m8i

The explanations and examples can be found in this demo.
I think that this script has probably a bad compatibility with other scripts, since lots of basic classes are modified.

@Link
Pixel-movement system. I'd get it just for that :)

That´s not amazing XD...
If i can use it with fOetz! pixelmovement.. than it´ll be amazing.. because Pixelmovement just matters, if i have real pixel walls...
With this one, the actor stops 16 pixels awa from the block, if it uses a half filled tile...

Can you make it work with fOetz! pixelmovement 1.5x???

Is there a way to get the moving platforms without the jumping code in there? It interferes with an Input(TRIGGER) in my game. I can't change the keyboard button, because all of the available ones are being used already.

Taylor

Sponsor

jbrist":1zrm40wf said:
Lol funny story...

I just made this with events.
I can't even begin to think how you would do this with events, and I'm making an evented battle system in RM2k3 for my RM2k3 project. XD

Link in Pink -> In 'Moving_Platforms 1', there is l.129 (class Scene_Map) this part of code :

Code:
    if Input.trigger?(Input::Z)
      unless $game_system.map_interpreter.running? or
             $game_system.menu_disabled
        $game_temp.menu_calling = true
        $game_temp.menu_beep = true
      end
    end
    if Input.trigger?(Input::A) and $game_switches[$jump_switch_number.to_i] and
      !$game_player.jumping? and !$game_switches[$void_switch_number.to_i]
      $game_player.jump(0,0)
    end
    if Input.press?(Input::B) and $game_switches[$run_switch_number.to_i]
      $game_player.run_mode
    else $game_player.walk_mode
    end

You just have to delete the test that calls the jump function.
With this code :
Code:
    if Input.trigger?(Input::Z)
      unless $game_system.map_interpreter.running? or
             $game_system.menu_disabled
        $game_temp.menu_calling = true
        $game_temp.menu_beep = true
      end
    end
    if Input.press?(Input::B) and $game_switches[$run_switch_number.to_i]
      $game_player.run_mode
    else $game_player.walk_mode
    end
the 'A' button isn't used to jump any more.

ablahblah987 and Krobelus -> currently I can't make a VX version for a simple reason : I don't have RMVX (60$ just to make a new version of this script is a bit too expensive for me).

jbrist and Jirbytaylor -> to make moving platforms with events is very impressive. I began game making with RM2k3 and creating a complex system was a real challenge.

Can someone tell me how to make this compatible with XAS? At least tell me how to remove the pixelmovement aspect. That would be more epic than the colision between an Inazuma Kick and a Falcon Punch! lol

I was going to do a VX version of this (I've already converted quite a few scripts), but most people don't like me doing this (or atleast I'm not allowed to post it), so I never bothered with this one.

I could do it if you like, but no real promise, it's not more important than my work...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.