Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content monster master

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa76 ... erlogo.png[/IMG]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW MONSTERMASTER.CO.NR ONLINE!
download the demo 1.1
you can now download the demo... although the file size is a bit big(21mb) and it will most likely take a while to download i think that its well worth the wait. enjoy! if you have any questions or comments post them here or on the dannelongue design forums

you can download the demo here(21mb)
demo 1.1

past demos
demo 1.0(42mb)
demo 1.0

welcome to the monster master thread. In this thread you can read all about
monster master, the new single player rpg being made by dannelongue design.
news

9/19/07: DEMO 1.1 RELEASED!
we just finished demo 1.1 and it will be released this afternoon. Remember if you have any questions or comments please post in this thread or on the dannelongue design forums

9/17/07: DEMO RELEASED!!
we just finished the demo of monster master and we are proud to say it is now available!! download and play it... if you find any bugs or are having any problems just post them in this thread. the file size is a bit bigso it will most likely take a while to download.
the pitch
monster master takes place in a world where an ancient power that was bound long ago is breaking out, And only you and your mighty band of warriors can stop it. Fight monsters, collect items, and in the end... defeat the monster master .
the team
currently i myself am the only person working on monster master, but i am willing to let people join our team. if you want to join the team then contact:
tristan.miller@hotmail.com
the screen shots
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa76 ... terpic.png[/IMG]
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa76 ... erpic2.png[/IMG]
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa76 ... erpic3.png[/IMG]
the history
dannelongue design started work on monster master in early july at the begining the project name was blades of fury, but it has scince then changed to monster master. Along with the name the plot has changed greatly scince july, when we first started making it you were just a warrior who completed quests, and now it your character is the leader of a band of warriors who are sent by the king to defeat the monster master.
more info
you can get more info at the dannelongue design website and going to the monster master website or you could go to the dannelongue design forums and post in the monster master section. monster master will be available for download in about a month on the dannelongue design website. If you have any questions or comments head to thedannelongue design website or just post in this thread and we will answer as soon as possible.

It seems like your trying to get a team together to help you with this, in which case you should have posted it in the Recruitment section.

This forum is for "advertising" your game so to speak, something which you have not done at all.

You should put up some screenshots from this demo you have, as well of a story or plot and some characters.

As far as your question for distributing your game, have a look here, http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1735&highlight=distributing+game

Stuff to work on:
*Upgrade the story. It's very bland and cliche, not many people like cliche. Perhaps changing it in small places?
*Work on your mapping. To be honest, it's not the best mapping i've seen, add some natural and clutter(Rocks don't form right next to each other) space and randomize them. Maybe moving those shop canopies a space down, so the pole is on the ground and not defying gravity?

Mac

Your maps are full of errors and are extremely bare....work on these and you could have yourself a good game.

~Mac

I played the demo. First off, the game could use some sort of introduction sequence. I don't know. Something more than just standing there on a lifeless boat with a bunch of pirates saying the exact same line. Breathe life into the scene by varying what all of the pirates say, instead of making them all cannon manning clones. Like the above poster said, there were definite map errors...when I had to go get the passage thing, I walked right through a wall and into the grayness.

The cave on the cloud was really...odd looking. I suggest you look into some mapping tutorials. After learning my destiny in the game, I was kind of left with a question mark of what to do next. Eh... Eventually, I fought a bee with some people that weren't even mentioned before. When did Alex, Gloria, and Hilda get in my party? Who are these three people who magically appeared? If you plan on having these people show up later on in the game and want to have Philippe alone in the beginning, set an event that'll remove those party members.

And when I got into the castle, I bumped into a guard that threw me out. Ugh...that was right after the old man told me I could go see the king and all. I tried getting in again by paying a guard 10 gold but he took the gold without letting me in. The other guard, though, (the one on the left) let me in, so yay. Yet, the king just threw me out, too... I went back to the old man and talked to a little girl that was supposed to run away. You should probably set some move event so that she really *does* run away. *sigh* After killing the bee yet again, I talked to the king and went on with the game.

My team was half-dead by the time I got to Etheron the first time. Ugh... Then, when after I got the item and defeated the second Etheron, nothing happened. No teleporting to the next part, nothing. And if there was something that I was supposed to do, oh well. Most of the game had me asking myself, "why am I doing this?" I felt like the demo had no sort of direction. Everything that brought me to the next part felt like I'd just wandered into it randomly. For example, I randomly go to the altar to learn about my destiny and randomly bump into the old man who randomly leads me to the king, etcetera etcetera.

Bring more story to this game. Give your game players more of a push to fulfill Philippe's destiny. I'm not seeing any reason to bother defeating this so-called Monster Master or any reason to care about it. Maybe that could be fixed by giving the game more of a direction instead of abrupt teleports happening every thirty seconds. Oh, and using the shift key would be a nice help for the grammar.

You've got ideas here. All you need is refinement. Good luck with working on the rest of your project. :)

yes i realize that the game is very bad...but i will not have time to work on it that much, do to the fact that this is not my primary project and that i have homework.

I am sorry to say, that when I played it, I really was dissapointed.:p
I have a couple things to say about it.
1. The story isn't very good.
2. in the talking parts there are spelling mistakes stuff like: Isthe :
3. you get teleported way to many places and you don't get to walk around much
4. the maps are confusing and you need to look for some tutorials to learn how to make maps better.:)

I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh, but that's what I noticed from the game.:yes:

Uhm, my favorite part in my game is mapping since I love adventure and since I've been spending much time in mapping I get used to since I repeated my game for the third time heheheh :) ok I think the only thing you should do is never forgetting even a tile in your mapping like the shadow of your tree its obvious that its has some mistakes and by the way I really reserve the next layer so that my map is firmly detailed. And by the way the trees it seems like that they don't match to me the other one is too big maybe you should try some other games first because thats where you get to learn a lot. But anyway I think you only need more mapping skills thats all.

More Power

FZ "AuraOfWind"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.