Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Mog's Chain command script Help

I was wondering if this could be tied in with battles, and say used
by casting a spell? if so how do i do this? if not then is there a
chain command script demo out there that anyone has that will allow
me to use in battles to cast magics? OH! it's for the RMXP system.

thanks in advance. :)

maybe theres a script that will allow.. when magic is selected in battle you have to
input an order of keys to cast that spell, if the timer runs out then the character
misses that turn, or a "MISS" animation is played and character misses it's turn.

Please help.. im looking for a way to make spell casting more interesting than just
the regular select magic > choose spell > cast on enemy.

I feel like I just told someone recently that skills have common event calls. So you can do stuff like timed input sequences, pick-a-card, and slot machines without a script. You're basically just forcing another action.

Of course, the common event isn't called until it's the player's turn and uses the skill. So you can't do something like select DOUBLE CAST and immediately be prompted to select which 2 spells.

Using Mog's chain command script doesn't work in battle. It seems to exit back to the map.

I put this demo together. Instead of key prompts you just press the action button when the line is in the red.
actionline_zpsiano1eqf.png

I made it pretty easy and it'll keep looping until the player fails, even if all the monsters are defeated. It should illustrate what I was talking about.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jh2xx ... _Chain.exe

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.