Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

ModelFX Free download

This free application allows you to load a 3DS or X model for quick viewing in a real time DirectX based window, once loaded you can rotate and move the camera to view you model from any angle, play any model animations, change the texture and try out different shaders. All this can be done quickly and without the need to load a full game engine to check the model's appearance in a game environment.

Features include:

•Loading of 3DS and X model formats.
•Replace your UV mapped textures in real time - no need to reload it.
•Use built in shaders, Bump, Normal, Coloured Glass and Reflection.
•Load your own FX shaders to apply them in real time.
•Replace your shader maps in real time.
•Play a models animation and rotate around it whilst it plays.
•Loading and saving of scene setups.
ModelFX is still under development, all feedback, suggestions and comments are appreciated and will be taken into consideration with the next build.

The loading of new textures and shader maps is most usefull for quickly trying our different effects without changing the original model, the texture and shader maps loaded in real time are not saved to the original model, but are saved to the scene setup.

http://modelfx.webs.com/

Tags:

yeah are you still looking into being compatible with .obj?
I'm planning on using maya, and unity and maya are both compatible with obj I thought, not sure though.

If so, how long will that approximately take you?

Hi! Does this work only for some programs? I Need a good renderer (with possibility to rotate and explore) for Google Sketchip 8.

@Tomas, yes i am going to add compatability with .obj, not sure on a time frame, but within the next couple of weeks once ive gathered enough feedback to fix bugs etc.

@Robin, it will work with any programs that can load 3DS,X or DBO format models at the moment, im not sure what formats sketchup uses, but if its any of the above then yes it works with it, thanks.

GeneralFOL":3cwawsh7 said:
@Robin, it will work with any programs that can load 3DS,X or DBO format models at the moment, im not sure what formats sketchup uses, but if its any of the above then yes it works with it, thanks.

Nah Sketchup uses skp. files so then it doesn't work:P anyway cool renderer:D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.