Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

MasterMind's Zelda Starter Pack (Beta 3)

I'd noticed that many people were looking around for the Zelda Starter Pack by MasterMind and friends.
I've taken advantage of having the file and made a mirror of the Beta 3 version on Filefront.

I didn't make this script, I just mirrored it on my filefront account.
I've also made an easy to access NSIS installer for those who want a clean install, or those who are not used to the RPG Maker XP file structure.

http://files.filefront.com/zeldastarterrar/;11535834;/fileinfo.html

Credits go to MasterMind, Ace of Spades and everyone involved in the Zelda Starter Pack

what exactly is it?  I've never heard of it.  could you kinda clarify?

is it just a bunch of compiled scripts that are Zelda-like?

It's basically a compliation of Zelda graphics, and a series of scripts and events which allows the user to create Zelda games.  It has the menu, the battle system, the HUD, etc.  I wasn't aware that anyone was actually looking for this, but thanks for digging it up!  Also, not to be rude or anything, but this is actually my baby.  Mastermind started originally started the project, but by the third release I was working solo.  I'm sorry to say this will never be finished...it simply got too messy and confusing.  But I did take what I learned from this project, and I'm actually working on an original ABS now.

Ace of Spades":16w36xes said:
It's basically a compliation of Zelda graphics, and a series of scripts and events which allows the user to create Zelda games.  It has the menu, the battle system, the HUD, etc.  I wasn't aware that anyone was actually looking for this, but thanks for digging it up!  Also, not to be rude or anything, but this is actually my baby.  Mastermind started originally started the project, but by the third release I was working solo.  I'm sorry to say this will never be finished...it simply got too messy and confusing.  But I did take what I learned from this project, and I'm actually working on an original ABS now.

I've been working with this for a long time now. It's a fantastic system :D

Awesome, I'm glad you like it.  =)  I think there was a lot of room for improvement though.  I wish I could have made it easier to use, but it was definitely a good learning experience for me.

I'm still trying to make my own enemies, although with 15 pages of eventing code it's rather difficult for me ;)

Still I'm getting the hang of it. I'm also using all of my own graphics (Minish Cap) so I might make a demo with all of those graphics in case anybody wants them.

My biggest problem with this thread is that the project still has a perfectly viable link in the thread it was originally posted in. Other than that, congrats on finding something that I've been trying to help people with over the last couple of weeks. (Most of them seem to want it converted for VX. Silly of them, considering how much work it'll take to convert the tilesets)

I seem to be having a problem. As soon as I run the game that came with it it hangs up and says Project Zelda Engine has stopped working.I have vista. Is that the problem?

Shadonn":86g7qd9v said:
I seem to be having a problem. As soon as I run the game that came with it it hangs up and says Project Zelda Engine has stopped working.I have vista. Is that the problem?
robot79796":86g7qd9v said:
when wil this be updated to version 4?

Try to change in the ini file from Library=RGSS100J.dll To Library=RGSS102E.dll

it should work after... i don't know why but whenever game using RGSS100J.dll in vista seems to crash i always have to change it back to RGSS102E.dll to make them working

I think that the project zelda engine BETA 3 is amazing! One problem though, whenever i try to playtest it it comes up with this error message

Script 'Auto Font Install' line 85: Errno::EACCES occurred

Permission denied - Fonts/RetGanon.ttf or C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/RetGanon.ttf

Because of this I can't playtest it to see if it works:(
Can anyone help plaese? it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, it's me again. I don't mean to sound like a noob but i have another question about the starter pack. All the Items work well and i even managed to make my own(light arrows + bottles) but i found a problem with the hookshot that i cannot fix. when you latch on to an object, link gets pulled toward it one tile but after that he stays with the hookshot in his hand and doesnt keep going! u can control him but he moves very fast and holds the hookshot handle in front of him and the end of the hookshot stays on to the object it first latched on to. Can someone help plz? because i rly dont want to delete the hookshot.

PS. If anyone wants the bottle scripts i will be happy to give it to you

Ugh, you scould have made more tools, i mean, i got no experience on how to make a tool in this Starter Pack.

EDIT:
TheGoldenlynx":3k6drnru said:
Hey, it's me again. I don't mean to sound like a noob but i have another question about the starter pack. All the Items work well and i even managed to make my own(light arrows + bottles) but i found a problem with the hookshot that i cannot fix. when you latch on to an object, link gets pulled toward it one tile but after that he stays with the hookshot in his hand and doesnt keep going! u can control him but he moves very fast and holds the hookshot handle in front of him and the end of the hookshot stays on to the object it first latched on to. Can someone help plz? because i rly dont want to delete the hookshot.

PS. If anyone wants the bottle scripts i will be happy to give it to you

Umm, on me the Hookshot does nothing, i want to make a boss battle we're you use Hookshot to pull yourself near the boss and strike it, but there is no Event that pulls you in Events Map?

EDIT 2: Yeah, i want da bottles.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.