Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Making killing quests with variables

I know the solution is probably very simple but for some reason i cant seem to figure it out. How would i make it so that a quest asks you to kill 5 Fillintheblanks and when you kill one it adds a 1 out of 5 points to the variable(without an item may i add)?

Here's how to do it. I haven't tested it so there may be a few glitches but you get the idea:

1)Make a switch called "Kill Quest Activated".
2)Set up the following;
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h72/R ... equest.png[/IMG]

Basically if the switch "Kill Quest Activated" is ON and a ghost is knocked out, it will add +1 to the variable called "Kill Quest".

EDIT: The screenshot should say "[Kill Quest] += 1", not "[Kill Quest] = 1".
I forgot to add the "+"

Hope that helps.

Jk didnt work I had been using items before and i forgot to delete the item from the list of treaseure :\
My problem is that when i go to turn in the quest the guy doesnt register the variables i gained from the "knockout" i dont even know if it is counting the enemies death as a "knockout"....frustrating

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.