Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Lurker77: Dungeon Champion [3/35 Hours]

This will be my progress thread for Dungeon Champion. If I need to make a project thread here on HB Games, just say so. My goal time is pretty low because I don't think I'll need the full 60 hours to finish this project.

It's still October 31st here so work won't begin officially until tomorrow. I'm not sure what information I'll post here as I don't want to spoil the entire game, it will probably be mostly mapping and play-testing stuff.

You don't need to make a project thread here, but feel free to if you want. The only thing you need to do is check in regularly and update us on your progress (be as vague as you like as long as you include hours) and yell at other people if they start falling behind. Anyway, welcome aboard!

Not much today; only half an hour. I got the rest of the music I needed and started finishing the bestiary descriptions. I'm always busy on weekdays.

dhzephyrmtnwip.png

Obviously not the final version, I still need to add a lot of detail (ground detail is always a total pain in the ass in VX). Man, mountains are much harder to due in VX than XP thanks to these stupid auto-tiles. I don't really like how this map is turning out so far. I might scrap the mountain entirely and come up with something else because this map is pretty ugly.

Time spent: 1/2 hour.

Worked today for half an hour. After fooling around in the editor some more, I think I can make it work. It's very frustrating though; I'm constantly having to battle with auto-tiles and adding even one piece of detail can screw with auto-tiles on the entire map.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.