Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Large Party

Just got the PM from shinji333 (two actually), and he solved his Battlestat spacing problem. It had controls built in for vertical spacing.

That could be 'Animated Battlers' with the RTAB system, utilizing Large Party (2nd version in the post that I tinkered with) and my RTAB battlestat mod script. You can set Anim.Bat to a larger party size (matching the value in Large Party).

lackluster;205664 said:
I want that batle system o_O

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb13 ... y_good.png[/IMG]

this battle system??? well its just a mix and max off the many great spriters on this site ^_^ and a few edits errr i requested a few stuff about when the player hit the crits it will close up on the character like zoom and slows his attack and also when a character has good agi he/she can attack two or 3 enemies at the sametime but still no one has done my request =( i posted the battle system errr here is the link and i put some of my battlers here ^_^ ehehe =p

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?p=205996&posted=1#post205996

any way this is one good script ^_^ i just hope it would be compatible with enhance battlers that would be much better (is it compatible i have problems when i attached it maybe some of the scripts i use or the SDK dunno):yes:

i added this script to a tactical battle system works swell =) i have tried 10 characters ^_^ so cool any new stuff you be making?

So is there a Party Management script that works with this script? If it can only work with 5 party members, that's fine for what I'm doing. I checked out the Party Control thread linked to from here, but I'm having a hard time understanding what people are trying to say in that thread, and it doesn't sound as though it suits my needs anyway.

I'd prefer something clear-cut, concise, and understandable. Something that doesn't just have your party members become a large, chunky mess. And something that easily lets you declare if a party member can be switched or not if they're in the party.

Thanks.

This script just increases how many people are in the battles/party. The party control one allows you to choose who takes part in the battles as well as increasing the number of party members allowed. There is also one more script of mine which allows you to choose who is in the battles but doesn't increase the number of people that can take part.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9722

Hi, I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to scripting, and so I was wondering how to adjust/fix this problem.

I want to use the XRXS/fukuyama CBS with Large Party, but when I run a battle test with 5 characters, everything is off center and the fifth character, along with all of his information, are not visible.

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18306

This is a link to the CBS. I'm using the Large Party script in the first post.

Before he asks... which Large Party script in the first post? The first one is the original version while the second one (further down) was edited by me to use ALIASes to make it more compatible with other battlesystems.

(The RTAB system only needs the top part of the BattleStatus module while ParaDog's system has LargeParty support built in).

Ah, I saw the second one. However, after putting it in, I'm still having problems.

All five battlers are present on screen now, as well as their names and statuses. The command boxes are properly aligned as well. However, the ATB and health HUDs aren't positioned accordingly. Is this something that needs to be changed in the CBS's script?

Just downloaded, put in the script and took a look.

Forgot that's the one with a custom Actor Icon & HP/SP drawing routine. It doesn't use all the same values as the default system (draw_actor_cp_meter and such...). Rats...

Yeah, that one's gonna need you to edit the ATB's BattleStatus class, or to create a whole new one that takes over it's positioning system.

You 'could' put in a request (in the Script Requests forum) for an adaptable BattleStatus script that combines the two...

Mwejia

Hi, could someone please help me.
I downloaded the Large Party + Minkoff file and began using but now I've got an error and can't fix it

The error is
Script 'Large Party 2' line 151(152 - it varies): SystemStackError occurred
Stack level too deep.

It happens when the player enters a battle then imediatly exits by pressing
F12 which returns them to the main menu, then the player goes to start again and the first battle they enter causes this error

This is what the code there is
151 x2 = actor.bstat_pos
152 fomar_da_name(actor, x2, y)

Please help me

F12 has caused many a problems with...

EVERYONE!!![/FONT]
And I don't just mean this script...

The sooner that button gets disabled, the better for us all.

Is it possible for this script to be compatible with the KGC_Overdrive script found here?:

http://f44.aaa.livedoor.jp/~ytomy/tkool/rpgtech/php/tech.php?cat=battle&tech=overdrive

The comments are in Japanese, but the code's right there.  Basically I want to be able to display all five characters' Overdrive bars properly when in Battle.  So far the script only displays the Overdrive Bars for the first four characters and not all five.  I've been staring at the scripts all afternoon, but unfortunately I'm just not skilled enough to recognize what's what yet.  Any solutions?  I appreciate the help.  :)

Though on closer inspection, I'm not sure why anyone would want to use any of the KGC scripts.  They're an utter abomination and a mess for compatibility.  The fact he's always taking imports from other scripts of his completely screws over people, particularly because it totally undermines the whole simplicity that scripts are intended to use. 

Use my Limit Break(DVV) script.

It's an upgrade of KGC's Overdrive, which also allows for increases via 'item' damage like grenades (they didn't think of that one :D ).  Also, I have used it with Large Party (at least the 2nd version in the post) and you can get it to work with more than 4.

The Limit Break DVV topic is locked to prevent necroposting.  The topic and the script has enough instructions to choke a jiraffe.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.