Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content L.D.O.A.N.A.

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Contains

Terrible Story
Terrible grammar
Terrible Characters
Terrible Mapping
Terrible Battles
Dialogue ripped off from TV shows and Movies.
Awesome Music

Notice

Ok, I’m not going to lie to you guys, this game is absolutely terrible, I mean, it’s really bad. It’s one of the worst games made using RPG Maker XP. I’m posting it here now because of my friends asked me to send it to him, so while I’m at it, I might as well post it here. I mean, I did spend a whole year making this piece of crap, so I might as well try and get as many people as I can to play it. :tongue2:

This was the first game I ever made with RPG Maker XP, and it shows. The premise of the game itself sucks. The story makes no sense whatsoever and is chalk full of contradictions. The mapping is absolutely atrocious (vases on the wall? What the hell was I thinking... :pissed:), though it does get a little better as the game progresses, and I’m happy to say that since then my mapping has improved tremendously (though it still sucks), thanks to tutorials by people like Cos, Marcus, and Striker. I was extremely lazy when I made this game, and cut corners whenever I could, and made the story along the way, and obviously the game suffered because of this. This isn’t a good game, and I don’t expect anyone to think otherwise.

With that said however, this could prove to be an eye-opening experience to those of you that are new to RPG Maker. By playing this game, you’ll see exactly what your game shouldn’t be like, and what happens when you don’t put in as much effort as you should. Oh, but the game doesn’t have any bugs that I’m aware of, and the music is quite good, at least in my opinion.  :grin:

So, enjoy…or not.  :tongue:

Link: Download Link!
Torrent Link: Torrent game instead!
Game Length: 10+ Hours
File size: 510 MB

Plot Synopsis

A great disaster occurs, and the Earth is forever changed. Earth is now subject to tyranny by The Empire, ruled by the mysterious Imperial, and his Generals. A young man sets out to save the world. Along the way he teams up with some of his friends from school, and a certain celebrity. But he has no idea of what he’s gotten himself into, none of them do.

Main Characters

Sid –

A loser who sets out to save the world simply because he thinks it’ll get girls to like him. He is a bit of coward, and is generally disliked by people. He’s also an arrogant idiot.

Ash –

A ‘friend’ of Siddhu’s who survived the World Collapse, and had openly defied The Empire, before meeting Sid.

Kash –

A guy who doesn’t know what the hell is going on. He frequently quotes TV shows, movies, books, comics, video games, etc.
Hayden – http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk29 ... eric05.png[/img]

Screenshots

Credits

Scripts

Moghunter – Menu Script, Scene Story Script, Status Script, Skill Script, Items Script, Shop Script, Equip Script, Scene End Script, Title Screen Script, Scene File Script, Show Active Battle Script, Styled Info Script, Damage System Script

DerVVulfman - COGWHEEL Plug 'n' Play Menu Bars (based on Syvkal's revisions)

Gubid - Enemy Detection System

Slipknot - Letter by Letter Message Window

Battle Animations

RPGAdvocate

Tilesets & Autotiles

Inquisitor's World Map and Autotiles.

Character Sets & Battlers/Monsters

Zanyzora

Misc

Kraft’s Glow of light tutorial

I believe that’s everyone that needs to be credited, but if you do come across anything that someone should be credited for, that I’ve forgotten to mention, then please let me know.

510 MB?  WHO IS GOING TO DOWNLOAD A 510 MB JOKE GAME?!??!?!?!?!?!?

YOU ARE THE WORST TROLL EVER SERIOUSLY DUDE THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

Ehem, now that that's over, some real comments:

none of the screens are funny, even though this game is supposed to be a joke game.  A joke game that's not funny.  Do you see where I'm coming from?

And 510 MB?  WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY HAVE THAT MAKES IT 510 MB?!?!?!?!?!?!?

what do you mean by Terrible Mapping the Mapping looks good to me but man 510MB? even if its 300 or 200MB still i won't download it , i don't even know why i came here?

xephyr14":53eim2uu said:
none of the screens are funny, even though this game is supposed to be a joke game.  A joke game that's not funny.  Do you see where I'm coming from?

Unfortunately, I do. It was only after I finished the game, and play through it, did I realize that ripping off TV Shows and movies wouldn't make my game funny.  :down:

And 510 MB?  WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY HAVE THAT MAKES IT 510 MB?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I used more music that I should have.  :dead:

Light1":53eim2uu said:
what do you mean by Terrible Mapping the Mapping looks good to me but man 510MB?

Well, it's not that easy to tell from just the screenshots. But the ship for example, is way too big and empty, then in the first house, there's a vase on the wall, which I put in order to make the house look more detailed...  :dead:

I didn't post screenshots of any *really* awful maps, and there's a lot of them, since the game has a total of 471 maps.

even if its 300 or 200MB still i won't download it

Yeah, I don't blame you. I knew the chances of anyone downloading it would be slim to none.  :tongue2:

I completed this over an year ago, and didn't bother uploading it until a friend asked for it. And once I did finish uploading it, I thought I might as well post it here, and at Demonoid, and hope for that 1 in a million chance that someone would download it.

The Map Helper":53eim2uu said:
510 Mb? This isn't an rmxp game. You used default graphics.

Uh, I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly? Are you saying my game isn't a RMXP game because I mostly used the RTP?  :lol:

That game is utter crap. Why would anyone download this in the first place?

Luckly I had time on my hand and I felt like playing a game. Honestly worst game I've seen in all my time playing video games, ever lowering my standards to RPG maker bad. Next time try using things other than RTP. You fail in the fact that you would actually MAKE someone download this. That warning isn't even good enough. Call it the biggest waste of time of your entire life and you might get close. Cut out half the music and maybe you might have something I can look at without wincing.

Diokatsu":1n0ja8zi said:
That game is utter crap.

Yeah, it is. I can't believe I wasted an entire year on this piece of garbage.  :down:

Why would anyone download this in the first place?

To torture themselves?  :lol:

Luckly I had time on my hand and I felt like playing a game. Honestly worst game I've seen in all my time playing video games, ever lowering my standards to RPG maker bad.

Yeah, it makes Superman 64 look like Metal Gear Solid 4. It's like I said, nothing makes sense.  :dead:

Next time try using things other than RTP.

I should, but I doubt I will. You see, I'm far too lazy to put any actual effort into making a game, or anything for that matter.  :sad:

You fail in the fact that you would actually MAKE someone download this.

I'm not making anyone download it. I put up a small plot synopsis, and some screenshots, but I'm not forcing them to download it or anything. Just giving them option to, if they ever do want to download it, for reasons I probably wouldn't understand.  :grin:

That warning isn't even good enough.

What else do you think I should add to it? I'm open to suggestions.

Call it the biggest waste of time of your entire life and you might get close.

Sadly, this isn't the most time I've wasted. Yeah, I know. It's pathetic.  :sad:

Cut out half the music and maybe you might have something I can look at without wincing.

Meh, I liked most of the music. I think it's the only good thing about the game, but then again, different people have different tastes.

Well anyway, thanks for actually downloading the game. :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.