Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

IRC

If you're finding IRC quiet, which it is for most of the day, you may wish to chat in #rpgmaker on the same network. Just type /join #rpgmaker. Many of us frequent there too. Or poke Amy - if I'm online then I'm at my PC, probably just not paying attention.

You can connect to #hbr our IRC channel via any IRC client, at the network irc.synirc.com - or you can use the Chat link at the top of the page to connect via your web browser through Mibbit.

I don't know what happened but the channel dropped and I'm the only person in it. So I registered it under my name. This is a far cry from when we had 30-40 users online in it. But meh, we can rebuild.

I presume something happened as we have idlers who never leave the channel, leaving their PCs on all the time or using BNCs or whatever. Seeing as the channel was de-registered I assume whoever was the admin of it did something. Who was the admin? Peri?

Yes, it was me. It had been just me and Yeyinde idling in there for a long time, so I gave up on it. It had been totally dead for like a year.

I'll hang out if you're going to try to bring it back, but previous attempts to reinvigorate it led me to conclude that there isn't much interest in IRC on this site anymore. It probably makes more sense to go to #rpgmaker. That said, a lot of people who post here a lot didn't go to IRC in the past because it was full of people they didn't know, so maybe it's worthwhile to attempt to bring back a dedicated channel for the pwoym regulars or whoever. Up to you.

If we're going to bring it back, it probably makes more sense to register #hbgames since R3 has been dead for ages. I'll leave it up to you since it makes more sense for you to own the channel now that I'm not staff anymore.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.