Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Idea from Punk: Post mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK8

You guys may consider this a silly idea. (Sorry, I am quite hard on myself sometimes.)

In the internet, when a person is chatting, replying, or posting a thread, you the reader, sometimes may not know what the person is feeling.

But when a person is chatting, replying or posting a thread and using a bunch of emoticons, you the reader just may find it, annoying or noobish.

This is why I had this idea, If it sounds silly or you guys can't make this possible or whatever the reason is, it's ok. I had this idea that when the person is posting, the person can type in a certain field what he or she is feeling. (or the person can click on a radio button full of feelings.)

The person can select from a list of feelings that the person is feeling by clicking on a radio button.

Happy :)
Dejected -_-
Laughing :lol:
Proud ^_^
Confused :S

and so on.
or
Fill out what you are feeling in this field: [Insert field here]

(Just imagine and picture the contents that are in the spoiler as if it was a regular post)
Example post":1emxh79u said:
Post Mood: Confused :S

What does SDK do?

If you disagree with this idea, I am very okay with it. I only suggested the idea that way it can probably stop noobish behavior. Then again, what do I know? I'm not a noob. :-/
I think that if this idea can work, readers wouldn't have to be annoyed by the overuse the emoticons.

Terrible idea. This isn't a fucking myspace.

(this is Despain btw on the account for a couple of minutes- I was checking the progress Serenade has been making on the DPA and noticed this idiotic suggestion)

Whats even worse than the idea itself is that people are fucking saying that it is good.

Again, this seems like a mod that isn't really necessary and if you do want to do it, I suppose you could be a trendsetter and just start putting it at the bottom of your posts. You could also use the subject/topic/title for not new posts... like I did as an example for this one. (Note: I will NEVER use it again).

PK8

@dz: I was thinking of that too but then I was wondering, if i started doing that...would people think i'm just looking for attention? Because i'm not.

Serenade":247mbkv9 said:
Terrible idea. This isn't a fucking myspace.

(this is Despain btw on the account for a couple of minutes- I was checking the progress Serenade has been making on the DPA and noticed this idiotic suggestion)

Whats even worse than the idea itself is that people are fucking saying that it is good.

lmao despain think about it this way (hypothetically speaking if the idea got accepted of course.) At least you don't have to see an overuse of emoticons in a single post. (You probably won't have to see a certain somebody overusing them anymore heh heh. Never mind...

Anonymous

I don't often see people overusing emoticons here anyway. :nya: :nya: :nya: :D :D :D :D :) :) :)

and while this is not NECESSARILY a horrible idea in theory, i personally am not for it and would not utilize it were it to be brought into effect

There is an entry mood function in the vB journal section for subscribers and sponsors :). If you want it, why not donate a bit to help the site? Then you can use it all you want.

I'm with Treg, Despain, and DZ. In a text field I could see things getting unbearably stupid, and an emoticon could be potentially worse. Often people can tell your mood by reading your posts, and even outside that, this isn't a blog, and chances are few have any care if you're silly when you post.

punkid89 said:
@dz: I was thinking of that too but then I was wondering, if i started doing that...would people think i'm just looking for attention? Because i'm not.

lmao despain think about it this way (hypothetically speaking if the idea got accepted of course.) At least you don't have to see an overuse of emoticons in a single post. (You probably won't have to see a certain somebody overusing them anymore heh heh. Never mind...

I think that would be more annoying than the occasional n00b who makes a single post with a bajillion emoticons and is ignored. I have to agree with dZ, Des, TREG, and Drake Miriel on this one; highly unecessary and would just be completely uneccesary and annoying. If you want to start a trend by putting it in your post or in the subject then go ahead, but frankly I don't give a damn how anybody is feeling when they post. If it's spam it should get deleted, if they're wrong they should be corrected, if they make a good point then they should be acknowledged, etc. regardless of how they feel.

Sion

I think its a good Idea, there are many ways to read a post, and people often mistake the meaning because they dont know the mood of the poster. I myself was banned from a forum once, because someone misjudged my mood....

Sion":2rv0ac4b said:
I think its a good Idea, there are many ways to read a post, and people often mistake the meaning because they dont know the mood of the poster.

So what? Misunderstandings happen, even when talking in person.

Sion":2rv0ac4b said:
I myself was banned from a forum once, because someone misjudged my mood....

Then either you said something that you didn't think through well enough or that forum was poorly managed.

:) :D :( :mad: :O ;) :$ :| :-/ :S -_- :P ':| :lol: ^_^ #:( B-) :thumbsup: :f07: :f01: :happy: ^.^ :q :please: :f03: :f02: :hug: :kiss: :rage: :cry: :twothumbsup: :blush: :nya: :emo: :grin: #:| :f01thumbsup: :s :w02: :cat: -.- :luv: :c05thumbsup: :satan-cheezy: :satan-lol: :satan-mad: :satan-cry: :satan-oh: :satan-grin: :satan-normal:

Kiss my ass smilies are the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.