Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need help with Dubealex's AMS Skip Message feature!

Hey there, I need some major help with understanding how to use the Skip Text/Message feature in Dubealex's AMS R4 script (which was released in 2005 so it's quite old) as I for the love of Pete cannot figure out how to use this feature.

I want to be able to skip dialogue if I die at a boss and have to start over from the beginning with the same dialogue or re-doing branch choices from the start and want to show the other option and have the able to quickly skip through it to the event fight or choice, but I can't seem to figure out who to do it.

It mentions something about putting "\%" to toggle it on or off and then there's this:

# B = Escape, 0 (On The NumPad), X
# C = Enter, Space Bar and C
# A = Shift, Z

Nothing, I mean nothing, seems to work as I've pressed about every button on my keypad and it's getting frustrating. I was wondering if there was anyone who uses this script and knows how to properly use it tell me how to use the Skip Text/Message feature or somehow take that part of it out from the coding so I can use Black Mage's Skip Message Script from here:

https://burningwizard.wordpress.com/201 ... comment-38

Which is simply and to the point. However they clash with each other so being able to remove the Skip Message part would be helpful or showing me how to use the built in one with the AMS script. Kinda wish there was a video tutorial on how to use ALL of the functions of the script to make life easier.

Can you help me please?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.