Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I need help bad, the sake of my game depends on it!!!

I have vista and xp... But before you yell at me with, "this has been answered I million times!", hear my plea. I had it working for a long time. I mean I real long time, like a year. All of a sudden I try to run it and I get that error, the nTitles one. I have compatibility, admin, and the patch. It wont run... Please help me!

Did you delete anything from the registry? If you had it running just fine, and then it stopped, that usually means that the registration key was deleted from the registry. (uninstalling doesn't do this, so don't post about that) If that's the case, run over to this post and follow the instructions. It should give you an expired trial. Then you can just use your old activation key to reactivate it.

So, you saved it as protexis.reg, then double clicked it. Did it give you an error message? Did you click yes when it asked if you wanted to copy the contents of C:\...protexis.reg to the registry? Do you still get an error message when you start RMXP?

if question 1 = yes, then you probably don't have permission to edit the registry.
if question 2 = yes, but question 1 = no, then it should work now.
if question 3 = yes, but question 2 was yes and question 1 was no, then I'm not sure what your problem is.

I saved it, clicked it, it did its thing with no errors. I dont remember clicking yes.. But I dont remember an error either. RMXP still doesnt work though

So I just clickked it again and it did ask and I did click yes. Does it matter where the Protexis thing is when I click it?

bojjenclon":12vft91d said:
I saved it, clicked it, it did its thing with no errors. I dont remember clicking yes.. But I dont remember an error either. RMXP still doesnt work though

So I just clickked it again and it did ask and I did click yes. Does it matter where the Protexis thing is when I click it?

No, it shouldn't. It would appear that for some odd reason, your copy of RMXP isn't able to access the registry. (don't take my word for it though) I'd try uninstalling the program and installing it again, just to see if anything changes. (if it is still registerred in the registry, then uninstalling won't remove it. If it is no longer in the registry, then reinstalling it may enable it to reactivate a trial)

bojjenclon":hi1wrsyq said:
I tried that, still nothing. but I can try again

You know, this is the oddest thing I've heard of. (and I've heard of some real doozies for computers, including a program telling you that it needs to be updated before it can update) I've never heard of Windows blocking a program's ability to check the registry. (I didn't think it was even possible) Try going to C:\WINDOWS\Regedit.exe and then using the search function to try to find the word "Protexis". If it isn't there, then that means that the edits I tried to give you were not inserted, and that would be why you can't use RMXP. On a side note, please avoid changing anything in there, because you can seriously mess up a Windows computer by making mistakes in the Registry. (at least ifd those mistakes are in the wrong places, you can)

bojjenclon":rnrud9wo said:
I dont see a search function...

Edit: Do I click on computer and use edit->find?

I'm sorry about thaty, I just realized that I went above your head with the registry thing. Follow these instructions:

Go to My Computer

Double click on Local Disc (C:)

Go into the WINDOWS folder

Double click on regedit.exe (or just regedit, depending on your computer's settings. It looks like a light blue Rubik's cube losing some pieces)

Go to Edit and click on Find, and search Protexis.

I just checked your post, and it looked like you got all the way to the last step anyway. Yeah, just make sure that you have HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT selected, so that it searched the entire registry. Be warned, this can take a while, depending on the age of the computer and the number of programs installed on it.

bojjenclon":jotwfyz5 said:
OK this is all thats in Protexis folder: [ab](Default)   REG_SZ        (value not set)

Keep searching, there should be a couple folders named Protexis. (at least two. Its the second one you need)

EDIT: I just checked, and the first protexis folder should have something in it. Is there a folder in it? (it should be in that menu on the left portion or the screen, and you should have to click on the + mark to see it) If there isn't a folder within the first Protexis folder, then copy this into notepad and save it as protexis2.reg:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis\Licenses]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis\Licenses\438839465]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis\Licenses\438839465\Trial]
"State"=hex:d6,f1,cf,6f,8e,d8,1d,d8,23,ff,93,ee,a5,5e,d8,84,4f,cb,c3,06,c4,d9,\
  86,73,3d,dd,9a,a1,a3

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis\Licenses\438848462]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Protexis\Licenses\438848462\Trial]
"State"=hex:f2,b5,66,bf,da,9b,42,53,6e,0b,55,cc,ab,02,83,ef,2c,a5,38,eb,ec,42,\
  23,31,b9,35,d0,d5,13

bojjenclon":11weo1eb said:
Ok I did the second one and I still only have the one when I search
You should have one in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. They should be under Software -> Protexis. There should also be some folders within each Protexis folder. (on the lefthand navigation screen)

bojjenclon":18a8c6nx said:
Nope, I only saw one with one folder

Was that one in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, or was it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE? The one under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE is absolutely necessary to run the project. That is included in the post I linked to. (towards the top of this thread)

bojjenclon":1ff8q1rr said:
Ok I found one in machine that had a lot of folders in it. What now?

Does that have a folde called Licenses? In that folder, are there 2 that are 9 digit long numbers? Do at least one of those folders have a folder in it called Trial? Does that folder (the one just above Trial) have an apparently random sequence of numbers and letters for one key, another key called ReleaseCode, and another called Verification? Does the Trial folder have a key called Terms?

If one of these is no, then that may be your problem. (in case you didn't know, what I am calling keys are the individual entries within each folder)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.