Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

I keep randomly logging off

Ok, recently, I checked my inbox to see that I received about 10 reply notifications to the same topic, even though it says I only get another one when i visit the forum. Paranoid that someone else was using my account, I quickly changed my password.

Ever since then, my account keeps randomly logging out! Even while i'm surfing the forum, i'll click on a link and it turns out it has randomly signed me off. Before you asked, I HAVE clicked on "remember me", but even if I didn't that doesn't explain why it is logging me off whilst i'm surfing the forum itself!

Does anyone have any explanation? This has only started happening when I changed my password.

BTW, i'm using firefox.

EDIT: It's happened again just now. I'm starting to think changing my password has meesed up Firefox's cookies...

How exactly do I do that? I've never had to do this before.

Also, won't this effect every other forum/site I belong to? Won't I have to re-login to those?

I had the same problem as well but was able to get rid of it. I also use Firefox and I think that's what's causing your problem.

Ok, I cleared my cookies, logged out (which it then said "all cookies deleted" or something) and re-logged back in. No problems so far. If I have no more problems through this day i'll let ya know! ^_^

Thanks for the help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.