Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How to make an CLASSIC ATB System ?! --------- Like kingdom Hearts ???

RPGS

I want to have a classic ATB battle system , like as  the Kingdom Hearts games....

You fight on the map , and you and enemies can attack whenever the self wants , Randomly (But you attack when pressing for example SPACE) and can making Combos and
Hit x4 and things like that !!!

Advanced , but I hope you know what I want...  :grin:

Is there any EASY way to  create an classical ATB ?  :tongue:

OS

Sponsor

Yes. Create a class that takes care of the battle and put it in a variable inside your Scene_Map. Update it every scene, being careful to make sure you are in battle by using a game_system or game_temp variable, depending on whether you want to allow saving during battle.

Make sure this class checks for character locations, user input, enemy AI, etc. to determine who is attacking, when, and how, etc.

I'm pretty sure this is a relatively easy way. If I am wrong, I am terribly sorry.

Fido

Reasons why people won't help you:

1. You are a noob.
2. You barely described the system you need at all.
3. What you wrote is very hard to read.
4. There is already something similar to this done by MR. Mo (OMG, yes use the search function)
5. You are a NOOB.

RPGS

Ahh !!!  I missunderstud it !!!   (But ofcorse I missunderstans it if you write "NOOB" with  big letters , I take that as a BAD critic

But sorry !!!

No that isnt what I want ,sorry ; But mybe I will search BETTER ; I`ll try....

/Hope u can 4give me for thoose bad words    :grin:

For future reference, here are some ways that you might get a better response:

1)  When writing a post, remember that you're not sitting in an IRC chat somewhere, and you're not being billed per byte.  You have the time to write in full sentences, using punctuation and something resembling spoken English syntax.  We're not going to go all Grammar-Police on you, but if it takes effort to decode what you're saying, it'll likely be ignored.

2)  If you're not sure how a word is spelled, but you still want to use it, it never hurts to invoke a spell-checker.  Firefox has a decently-robust one built-in, which will put wavy lines under anything it doesn't recognize as a real word.  (That catches me a lot, especially on typos.)

3)  If English is not your native language, we can be quite understanding as long as you're making some visible effort.  If it is, ignore the rest of this number and go on to #4.  Sentences start with a capitol letter, and end with a single punctuation mark (in most cases, but let's not go into when it's appropriate to use doubles or combos.)  You will rarely need the semicolon or colon in a sentence less than one line long.

4)  When referencing the way something behaved in a game you once played, do keep in mind that not everybody has played the game.  If at all possible, provide a clear description of the way it worked, looked, sounded, or whatever.  In fact, if you're wanting appearances, screen-shots are worth a thousand words.

Now that I'm done with that, I have to ask a question.
When did Kingdom Hearts become classic?  I thought a game had to have at least hit the decade-old mark or completely defined a genre to get that descriptor.  (Here's looking at The Legend of Zelda for action-adventure, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest for turn-based adventure, etc.)

RPGS

Please HELP me now , and CRITIC later....

ps.Kingdom Hearts is not (can I say) classic , but its battle system is the classic ATB (or ABS) , if u wonder....

I cannot do everything you say , but ill do BETTER

ps2 ; like MANY millions of people has played Kingdom Hearts , it`s famous around the globe'

Help me now with the ABS , how to get the script ?  :dead:

I'm sorry, but saying:
makes you sound like a spoilt brat. People in this world aren't going to obey to your every wish, even if you become overlord of earth.
And Kingdom Hearts may be famous everywhere, but that doesn't mean everybody has played it. Not even I have. And I love video games!
There are many good ABS' out there, what you need to do is get off your lazy arse and use the SEARCH button. It only takes 5 seconds! (depending on connection speed).
You need to be nicer and more responsive to the people who try to help you. You can't expect them to do something for you if you're constantly mouthing them off.
And, on a final note, when you finally decide to use the search feature, look for Mr. Mo's ABS. It's the best one around that I've used. And, if that doesn't work for you, find Prexus' ABS.
I swear if I were a mod this would be locked by now.

RPGS

I dont like your attitude !!! 

I uses search but its hard to find the SCRIPT you are needing , it is just discussions about the script often....   :pissed: : :mad:

Ps.It doesnt work seerchin on that , It stands that I must write +1 character in the words...  !?

Is it too much if I ask you to post a good link to HIS ABS battle SCRIPT ?  :thumb:

/Thank You !!!  :lol:

moog

Sponsor

Either English isnt your first language or you are mildly retarted.

Sorry if that hurts, but im a "noob" too and I dont post scatterbrained as you.

Either way, P2D just saved you the oh but 5 seconds of looking for obvious scripts.

punched2death":1ybz7bgg said:
I'm sorry, but saying:
makes you sound like a spoilt brat. People in this world aren't going to obey to your every wish, even if you become overlord of earth.
And Kingdom Hearts may be famous everywhere, but that doesn't mean everybody has played it. Not even I have. And I love video games!
There are many good ABS' out there, what you need to do is get off your lazy arse and use the SEARCH button. It only takes 5 seconds! (depending on connection speed).
You need to be nicer and more responsive to the people who try to help you. You can't expect them to do something for you if you're constantly mouthing them off.
And, on a final note, when you finally decide to use the search feature, look for Mr. Mo's ABS. It's the best one around that I've used. And, if that doesn't work for you, find Prexus' ABS.
I swear if I were a mod this would be locked by now.

Never mind, he beat me to it :3

A whole new battle system is going to be advanced, no matter how you slice it.  Minor modifications can be made to the built-in engine (even those are quite beyond what I'm comfortable scripting, myself) and still be user-friendly, but only if you stick with something that's essentially the same scene.

When you ask for a way to transform RMXP or RMVX into an action-adventure like Zelda or Kingdom Hearts, rather than a turn-based RPG as is its default state, you're talking about discarding and replacing one of the most complex of the default scripts.  Customization and setup are going to be a pain, no matter how easy the scripter has tried to make it.

RPGS, I would highly recommend that you play around with more minor things before you even think of making modifications to the way battles work.  Take time to get to know the system, and if you're thinking of trying to alter scripts yourself, start out by reading every one of the defaults (including what's hidden away in the Help file.)

Once you've read them and think you know how they're doing what they do, start by changing very minor things.  Find out what happens when you replace a 2 with a 3 then test the game.  It's a slow process, and it'll be quite a while before you're ready to script your own ABS, but it'll be worth it.  In the end, if you master it, your game will contain things that nobody else's does simply because you wrote them yourself rather than grabbing them from a forum.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.