Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How to make a scene scroll.?

There is a simple way and a hard way.

The simple way is to add a fog Fog01 works best and have it at about 50 opacity,  Then make the move speed like Y=5.

The other way you need to add a scrolling panorama script.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as Calibre. How's about making your post a bit more detailed, Ace? If it is indeed a ship made with a tileset, I might have a pretty snazzy idea.

Well, it might not work too well... And it'd take a lot of pixeling talent. :\

Well, I was thinking you could maybe use a custom character set that looks like waves being pushed by the ship's bow. Er, I may not have explained that well enough... I'll try to elaborate on it more if you're interested, Ace.

Well, if you have at least the bow(front part of the ship) finished, that would be enough. Oh, and just so you know, don't expect to get a proper looking ship from the RTP ship tileset. There's literally no way to make a good looking ship with it. :x

Better to wait for Ace's actual map. That was just a demo of how to do it.
And a better looking ocean tile, that one's too bright & 'cartoony'

Now that I think of it. that part could be done with a autotile. Let me try it.
Then you'd just have to add the foam & spray to finish it off.

regi

Sponsor

Only problem is if you use autotiles, the water and the foam/spray won't match up :down: Charactersets and autotiles animate at different rates-- I tried this before in one of my games.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.