Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

how to detect if follower is dead - falcao pearl ABS

Im trying to trigger an event to detect if my follower has died. im using falcao pearl ABS

i tried to do this $game_actors[020].hp = 0 as a script call commen event. but its not working

how I want the event to work is. if your follower dies I want a instant message to pop up saying. I need to revive him before I move on.

and I can't figure out if ace gives an option to detect teammate death

please help ty

im still having issues on how to detect followers death.. I have a quest where you need to find a girls dog

when you find the dog he joins your party. but if he dies and you try to hand in the quest it will crash because the dog is
dead..

how do I detect followers death. so the player has to go back and revive the dog. to complete the quest.

please help this sucks been stuck on this for weeks

hey peeps this is an update to this issue I finally managed to figure out with the help from online resources and help from HBgames.org

here's how I solved this..

Quest : girl lost her dog - return her missing dog.

known issue : if dog is dead while trying to bring the dog back to the girl.. the game will crash when you try to complete the quest (because dog is dead)

how to fix:
make an event where you and your new pet dog will fight.. in the event create this conditional branch

@>conditional branch: [cujo] is [Death] inflicted
@> Control switches : [001: cujo_dead_need_revive.] = on
@>
else
@> conditional branch: script: script $game_actors[02].hp >= 1
@> control switches: [001: cujo_dead_need_revive.] = off

this above event will check if the dog is dead or alive..

remember im using falcao pearl ABS style fighting (zelda link to the past style gameplay)

hope this helped as it took me to long to figure out.

Just for the record, to assign a game actor's health, you use:
$game_actors[id].hp = value

This would affect the internal character template.

To check the current health of a party member, use:
$game_party.actors[id].hp == value

From my understanding, the health of the database character templates do not change; the character instance's health does.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.