Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How to ... Create a Shop or Personal Bank!

Player-Made Shops & Banks!

If you craft a SHOP BLOCK, you can use it as either a BANK or your very own SHOP that you can use to vend your wares to other players!!!

:O!!!!

look-playershop.png

Your very own vending machine. It even tells people where to stick their money!

How do I use one???

All you need are 5 Wooden Planks, 1 Paper, and 3 Smooth Stone.

Configure like so!:

look-howtocraft.PNG

Then, right-click it! You'll get a nice, pretty interface that looks something like this!:

look-interface.png

WOW!

NOTE!!!! THE SHOP MUST BE VERIFIED BY VENETIA FIRST!!!":3mfhqcyk said:
There is a small bug in setting up shops, which hopefully will be fixed soon, but in the meantime, you must have me "verify" your shop.

So what you need to do, is create and place your Shop Counter (make sure it is where you will want it for sure!) and then call me over.
I will go to your Shop Counter and set you as the owner. After that, it will work normally.

[That is, until you decide to break it, and place it elsewhere ... B/c then I will need to go back and set you as owner again. Please avoid doing this.]

You can tell me here, or in-game when I'm on, or if I'm not online, do: /mail send Venetia Please verify my Shop, located here: _______

I can verify your shop when you're on OR offline, but I have to physically go to it, so make sure you tell me EXACTLY where it is.

You can use this super awesome block to store your cash, or to sell off your items to other players.
If you want to BUY things from other players when they come by, make sure you have some money in the Shop Counter before running off.

Q: What if I just want to use the Shop Counter as a bank, and don't want people to buy anything from it?
A: Then don't put anything in there to sell! I'd also recommend putting it behind a locked door, just to be safe.

Q: What happens if my Shop Counter is broken, when there's money & stuff inside?
A: The money goes back into your account, and all items inside the machine are dropped like loot. It's not a good idea to make a Shop Counter outside of a protected area, like your private lot in Sprocket, if you're planning on having it store items to vend.

Q: My Shop Counter is BROKEN!!! FIX IT FIX IT?
A: Tell me WHAT is causing your Shop Counter to not work, and be DESCRIPTIVE. :)

How useful!

Hooray!

Let me know if you experience Shop Counter problems!

Your Shop Counter may come up looking wonky somehow.
There is an easy fix.
R-Click+Save As this file: http://elluster.com/!DUMP/hbgserver/spo ... achine.png

(Don't rename it!)

Then put the file in this folder:
C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\AppData\Roaming\.spoutcraft\spoutcraft\cache\SpoutShops

Close Spoutcraft, and relaunch. Voila! Should work fine now.

Ill definitly use this for my money storage..
Running around the arena with lots of money is making my game almost glitch when i "die"

Edit:
This is bugged out for me..
I don't own my shop, i can destroy it and i cant use it

But its still new, so i could've guessed

Okay, Glitch & I figured it out ... The problem is due to a little bug.

So what you need to do is create and place your Shop Counter (make sure it is where you will want it for sure!) and then call me over. I will go to your Shop Counter and set you as the owner. After that, it will work normally.

That is, until you decide to break it, and place it elsewhere ... B/c then I will need to go back and set you as owner again.
Annoying, but hopefully that will be fixed soon.

You can tell me here or in-game when I'm on, or if I'm not, do: /mail send Venetia Please verify my Shop, located here: _______

I can verify your shop when you're on OR offline.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.