Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Holy Crap! Cheeze needs help!

It's not really for help, But I have a question.

On one of the LoZ games that was made on RMXP. It had a hook shot. Does anyone know how they did that?

Eh, enemy attacking you has to do with you pressing a button yourself? I'meant the use of how you asked how to separate outcomes of when the enemy's touching you when you press the button and when you don't.

. . .I was referring to how you asked on the previous page a way to separate the outcomes of monster touching you based on whether you're pressing a key.

I'm guessing now that the key to press is to defend yourself? If so, that was what I've been asking for all this time. D:

And here's a way to do it that's 500% easier:
When player is pressing the button, switch Z gets turned on, when else, Z is turned off.

Set monster event to event touch, and conditional branch between switch Z being on and off.

o.o;; Okay...this is what i mean...You can run up to the monster, Press Spacebar..And it attacks the monster...But i want it where what i previously stated put together where the event touches the hero-The event attacks the hero.
on the same event.

What I did with my (sort of A)BS was I used variable allocation to calculate the attacking, and used the event touch as monster hitting the player. Because if you make the player attack function to be pressing space bar to the monster, then that for the most part limits the attack to a space bar melee hit, which would become very boring. And if you use calculations for special attacks on top of that, you might as well as use calculations for player attack and spare the event commands for monster attack to save a bunch of trouble anyway.

But anyhow, sorry but I'm probably off this thread for now. Both of us aren't too good at English it seems, and we have trouble understanding each other. :p It's giving me a headache. Good luck with the system though!

I got the Melee ABS done and the Z attack Done.

So now i am going to side step off my main project and work on its sequal..sorta..

It is a board game style version of the two(or more) sequals that are coming out. I am wanting to finish this by thanksgiving. But I havent got on RMXP to try this but I was trying to figure out how would you connect a randomly generating map pieces? so the roads will connect to the roads..Not to grass.

Here is an example:
Ha gotcha! >> Okay here is the real piccy
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/Cheezeus/Example.jpg[/IMG]

Can't figure out a way at the moment other than using a couple variables for each possible road slot (which would be pretty much the whole map if you're using a random road), so you'd probably be better off using arrays.

uhh...What are arrays?

EDIT: I think i got it with Variables.

EDIT2: Okay i got it now i need to know how to make it where if you teleport to a map and you want to go backwards back to the other map..How would i do that?

khmp

Sponsor

Arrays are just basically a collection of elements. Ruby's version of an Array allows for dynamic resizing and doesn't lock the user into storing a single type. If you ever have a question about Ruby syntax or data structures or Ruby in general.
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/

I think you need to override the transfer_player method in Scene_Map to pose the question of whether or not to go back to another map or not.

Questions few do I have for you. (*The Gap Troll*) ^_^

You want to ask them when they arrive at a map whether or not to go back to the previous map? Not ask them when they reach the transfer point to proceed? Do you want this done via script?

>_-;; I am having the same problem again with the Zombies touching the hero, But this time the zombies need to be set on parallel process and Event touch.

Sorry if this is counted as a double post, but I thought it was more of an Update.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.