Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Holy Crap! Cheeze needs help!

It's not really for help, But I have a question.

On one of the LoZ games that was made on RMXP. It had a hook shot. Does anyone know how they did that?

I had an idea to event this a while ago but was too lazy to actually do it; the way I was thinking was to have an event with the actual head of the hookshot (I'm sure you can figure out how to make the chain, it's just extra work) and when the player fires it, it keeps moving forward and checking the terrain tag of the tile its on until it either finds 1) an obstacle; 2) a hookshot-able surface or 3) runs out of chain (up to you).

@Hevendor: Well yeah, I was thinking about that..But when it runs out of chain..it would be like..stiff...xD

@Kraft: I've looked and I can't find it..It was on my computer but all my scripts got deleted some how..Sorry -_<;

EDIT: >> And off topic...Are you stalking me Elias?!?! >> Everywhere I've posted it seems like you've posted.

Back ontopic: At the very beggining it had this awesome 3D splash screen(I think that is what it is called) where the triforce flies thru the air and stops and it is awesome for an Indy game.

EDIT 2: >> [spam] Look out for my new Evented ABS with...Super awesome...Compacted...[/spam]

iCheeze;308121 said:
@Hevendor: Well yeah, I was thinking about that..But when it runs out of chain..it would be like..stiff...xD

@Kraft: I've looked and I can't find it..It was on my computer but all my scripts got deleted some how..Sorry -_<;

When it runs out of chain it comes back. =x

If you make the chain just not show, it would probably be rather easy to make. Else it's still easy, just a load of work.

Lei

he wants two triggers, two different events but on the same "event"...

ie if you pres the action button instance A happens.
if event collides with you... instance B happens...

That reminds me of enemies i made for a game once... if they touched you... a damage calculator played out... if you pressed them, they died.

simple versions of the ABS system...

Okay..You know the little buttons in the lower left hand corner? Well I need it where if the player presses the Action button it does something..But I also need to make it where if the event touches the player, it does something totally differnt.

Mm, if by touching you mean being right beside the player, then here's one way:

Allocate player's x and y, as well as monster's x and y into variables.

Set a variable into playerX - monsterX, and multiply it by -1 if it's negative with conditional branch, for absolute value (Distance). [You can use one of the x variables to save space.]

Repeat above process for Y.

Then, conditional branch: if the distance of x distance == 0, then if the distance of y distance < 1, do the blablabla. Else, do blabla.

And after that, another conditional branch: if the distance of y distance == 0, then if the distance of x distance < 1, do the blablabla. Else, do blabla.

That's a mindless but possibly inefficient way of doing it. Feeling sleepy at the moment, don't feel like thinking. D: What are you using such a feature for, by the way? If you state the purpose there might be a much easier way to reach what you want to do.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.