Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Hiccup does writing lol

Mah Stories lel
Chapter I
Wanted

Although Emiri was a very skilled apocrysist, this was never quite the life she had dreamed of. Apocracy was indeed her profession, but her dream? Something more aventurous. She didn't quite know what yet, maybe some grand quest to save the country, or resue a little princess from a wizard, after which she would always, without fail, marry her prince charming. In fact, she so often daydreamed of this that, when collecting herbs, she'd slip down next to her favourite tree and just imagine these adventures. So often would she get sidetracked that morning would easily slip to noon.
Much to Emiris dismay, her life had yet to contain any form of adventure. As a matter of fact, the most adventure she ever got was when one of the local hogs or rosters escaped. The local village she lives in is well known for its agrucultural experties. That and its frequent visits from criminals.
It's rare that anyone is murdered or anything is stolen, most criminals who are on the run are thankful that the village is kind and welcoming however this doesn't mean it never happens. Emiri knows this well enough.
As she sat there daydreaming of her adventure up some mountain to slay a dragon a voice called out to her.
"'s'cuse me miss, would you mind helping a lost soul find a place to rest." Rung the common voice of the rather dashing man clad in black. He was hunched over a tree, clutching his chest.
"Let me guess..." Emiri stood up and started walking towards him.
"Another bloody runaway criminal, looking for a place to rest because the black guard are after him. Oh! But it doesn't end there, because get this, he isn't the one to blame. No no no. He was framed. He is running away but also he can gather evidence to redeem himself. Let me guess again. This time, you stole the kings bolloks?" She said, very fast might I add. The man chuckled at this.
"Yes. I am a criminal. The black guard are looking for me. But no. I don't want redemption. I just want to get the fuck out of this godforsaken kingdom and live a life on some shitty island. It would be better than this hell." He winced every so often.
"Well we can't take you anywhere in that state, so sit down, I'll grab you some herbs and we'll get you fixed up. Alright. Then you can leave me to my daydreaming. Okay?" She said, at a slower pace, but still angrily.
After an hour of gathering more herbs, Emiri crouched down next to the man and began rubbing different herbs on his wound and concocting many different potions to help him heal.
"You ought to be lucky I'm kind and your handsome. If you were any uglier, I'd soon send you packing." She said
"So anyway, what are you wanted for?"
The man laughed again
"Murdering women." He smiled evily.
She stopped what she was doing, shocked, waiting for him to pull out a knife and end her life, but he didn't. A few seconds passed.
"I was joking... Kind of. And anyway. I didn't comit the crime." He gave Emiri a kind smile and she began healing him again.
"Right, right. Always the victim. So what are you actually wanted for?"
"Murduring the princess royal." He said so openly
"Wh... What? I..." She was baffled. Stumpped. How do you get away with that?
"Explain..." She quiried.
He sighed and began his tail.
"The night of her death, I snuck into the palace to steal something rare. Foods hard to come by in the city for us poorer folk. So as I stepped into her room, she awoke and was very startled, she was about to call the guards but she began coughing up blood. She has been ill for a long time. Some guards heared her coughing, came in to investigate and found me holding her body, blood poaring all down her and my arms. I can see how they came to their conclusion, but I didn't kill her. She died because of her bloody illness, and now I have to pay the price."

Tier watched the grey musky sky, every morning he would do this. As he began to jot down some random notes he let out one tear and then stood up to leave the ramshackle house. While making his way through the forest to the edge of the village, a rumble begins. "They're coming..." He said violently. He placed his hand upon the handle of the long knife in the holster attached to the chains on his shorts. He continues his way through and just as he exits, 3 weird flying vehicles fly above his head. Riding them are some burly men fighting with swords. They fly straight up until they disappeared into the clouds, before their loud rumble stops for a brief 2 seconds, then begin again as they both fall out of the clouds followed by thunder. They fall until one of them pulls up and flies way into the forest, while the other falls and almost crashes into Tier, but pulls up just in time to begin pursuit. Tier sat of the floor, fear struck upon his face, he respired heavily, his hand removed from his knife.
"BROTHER!" a shrill voice echoed. He turned around to see his sister was standing there.
"Vee! Get back home!" He yelled. He stood up and advance towards her.
"B... Brother! You should say goodbye to me when you le-" He moved faster and struck her in the face, she dropped everything in her hand.
"Never leave the house without asking me!" He yelled.
"WHAT IF SOMETHING WAS TO HAPPEN TO YOU AGAIN?!" He gestured to her remaining arm and only eye.
She turned and ran away, crying.
He too turned around and began to walk but tripped over a box on the floor. He picked it up and opened it to find Vees last remaining pieces of food. He sighed and thought "I'll give it to her after work." and so he turned and walked towards the village. The old decrepit signs to poverty stricken shops shook ominously in the stale wind. Tier made his way through the run down village to the decimated watch tower. He began climbing the ladder, all the while wondering how it was still standing. He got to the top and already there were 5 men there.
"Morning Tier." Said a gruff looking man, the others either nodded or refused to acknowledged his existence.
"Hello Jared." He then fell into formation and waited for the rest of the team.
Once everyone filed in, Jared pulled down a map of the forest and explained the plan.
"Today we're looking for some wolf pelt or some cherubim claws. The cherubim are often found north of exclar pond where as wolves roam everywhere. We'll travel as a team until sincalir pass, at which point we shall divide into two teams. I will lead this team, and Maverik will lead the other. Teams will go thusly." He proceeded to divide the 17 man group into 2 teams.
"And so. when the time comes, we'll split up. Okay everyone. Grab your gear, we head it in 5 minutes."
The room was suddenly in uproar with all the men grabbing the gear, however Tier was used to waiting till everyone was done to grab his. While he was waiting he overheard some of his team mates speaking.
"Great, I get the joy of being with the grey baby." said a stocky looking man
"Well lets hope you don't have to share a grave with the retard. Good luck out there today!" Said his friend
This, Tier was also used to. People had always mocked him for his grey hair, but since his parents died, he had to do something to provide for his sister.
"Okay men! Let us move out!" Jared yelled.
As they made their way through the forest, subtle sounds could be heard. A rabbit or a fox scuttling across the forest canopy. The polluted air of the forest made it hard to walk upon the roots of the trees, for it was hard to tell which ones were poisonous. After an hour of walking, they finally reached the pond.
"Alright men, how are we feeling. Do you want to rest up or carry on?"
Most men there asked to carry on, one or two wanted to rest, but due to majority vote they carried on. Tier wished they could rest, but he could not let his team down.

It took 3 more hours before they started to hear the faint rumble of the pass. It was well known for its dog fights, and so was always rumbling with the sound of the air beats. They kept going north until they came to a large oak tree.
"This, my friends is where we part. I'll take the 8 man team through the pass and Mavrik will trail off north. Return before the moon is at the highest point otherwise we will assume you are dead." The team split up.
Maverik was the shortest person in the 9 man team, however he was no doubt the most experienced.
"For now we will rest. Then in 10 minutes, we shall begin our hunt. This is the real part of our mission men, so don't fuck up." Maverik sat down and opened a tin of soggy meat. He devoured it and then drank his boiled water.
The rest of the men began to dig in, however Tier did not. His apatite was drowned out by the wretched noise of the air beats. He detested them. They all sat there resting up and regaining their stamina however suddenly, as they were checking their supplies a rumbling sound got closer and closer, before flying overhead and crashing a short distance away from the crowd.
"Hold it men!" Maverik whispered.
"We should approach it with caution. If it is enemy AB, strike the man down, however if it is friendly, give the best first aid you can. Klein and Tier will take him
back to town if he is friendly. Okay?" They all agreed.
"Right, move out, but don't alert him to your presence."
They slowly made their way towards the crash site, making as little sound as possible.

Upon arriving there they saw a horrible figure holding the rider of the Air beat by the head. The man was struggling and whimpering.
"I have no respect for the weak." Said the horrible figure before placing a hand on the mans shoulder and pulling on his head. Eventually his head slowly ripped off from his body. The yells the poor man let out were terrifying. The whole team were shocked by the figure clad in black as he now began to bathe in the blood of his victim. Suddenly one man from the team stood and ran away from the scene, but not fast enough. The form in black dashed and within seconds plunged a rod of metal from the AB into the chest of the terrified man. It then turned to the group who were clearly in sight and said "I have no respect for weaklings however if you are willing to fight me, then I shall let you all get into your formation."
The form moved back to where the destroyed AB was and waited. Panicking, the group tried to devise a plan to get out of this with their lives, however the only way was to fight the horrible creature.
"And so Klein will charge at it while Mey, Phant and Creig get into position either side. Then while it is distracted we'll use the trees to jump down and attack, Tier, me and Servi shall do that. Okay? Attack begins in 5 minutes." Mavrik explained.
Everyone agreed, however their moral was low.
Finally, after 5 excruciating minutes of preparation, Klein ran forwards. Then the other three followed, in an attempt to confuse it.
As they all charged towards it, Klein thrusted his sword, but the creature jumped and placed its hand on kleins head, using it to balance, he kicked Phants head, hard enough to cave his whole face in. He then kicked Creigs chest, his ribs cracked and stabbed into his heart, blood flooded from his mouth. The plan was already in motion though, those in the trees could not back down now, so as Creig hit the floor, Servi jumped down to hit the thing while it was trying to grab Phant. This was to no avail, because as soon as the form had a hold of both the heads, he forced them into each other, with force enough to make it seem like the two became one. The Demon jumped from the bloody mess of people and finally his feet hit the floor at the same time Servi did. The man was shocked. In the time he jumped from the tree to the time he landed, the demon had killed two men. Two friends. Two comrades. A fire began in Servis heart, he ran furiously at the creature, swinging his sword around like a toy. The demon dodged each flail and when he got bored, he grabbed Servis hand. Fear jolted through Servis heart. The demon looked him dead in the eyes and smirked, before slowly adding pressure to his arms, eventually forcing the bone through the skin. Servi cried out in pain but it was foolish to think that it was the end because as soon as it was done with that arm, it decided to grab Servis leg and force it out the other way. Servi was just a crumpled heap of blood and pain. This was the way he was to die.
It was only Tier and Mavrik left. Fear falling through their minds. Tier debated running, but what would his fate be then. Maverik, however, was quick to try and run. Despite all his experience, he was nothing compared to this creature. He climbed down the tree, but the form knew and so he grabbed Servies sword and threw it. The sword stabbed through Mavriks leg and stopped him from trying to run. The creature slowly walked up towards him. When it got there, it grabbed the sword in Maveriks hand, but he was unrelenting, so instead, the demon grabbed the blade and bent it backwards until it began to stab into Maveriks shoulder. Mavrik let out a howl of pain and let go of the bent sword. The demon then grabbed the sword and placed it around Maveriks neck. It then began to bend the sword more until it was strangling him. The only way for maverik to get air was to move his head and neck around, but if he did this, the sword cut into him. While the demon was torturing Mavrik, Tier took the opportunity to attack. He silently left the tree and moved towards the creature. As he got closer he began to pick
up the pace before making a full sprint for the creature, knife pointing out towards it but the creature was just about done with Mavrik, and its senses were great. It turned around and grabbed the knife by the blade, Tier staggered forwards slightly and the demon took the opportunity to throw the knife back at him. Tier regained his footing and turned around to be greeted by a flying knife in the stomach. The stabbing pain was the worst thing he had ever experienced, but the wound was not vital. The demon slowly paced over to him and grabbed his scruffy grey shirt.
"Killing kids isn't my thing boy. So stop playing adult." It pulled the knife from Tiers wound and threw him to the ground before leaving.
It is morning. I wake up my weary tired body from its unrestful slumber. I slouch out of my bed and stumble down the stairs. I open the fridge and pull out a bottle of semi-skimmed milk, my least favorite kind, there is little to none left. I sigh as I place the half mug of milk into the microwave. I put it on for 1 minute and 30 seconds. While the microwave makes its dull whirring I put some water in the kettle and boil it.
Next is food. I open the bag of bread and pull two slices out, I then open the fridge and get the butter out. I pull a knife from the kitchen draining board, it's gray reflection stairs back at me as I scrape some of the butter onto it. The microwave beeps. I put the knife down and move over to retrieve my warm half mug of milk. I set it down next to the George Foreman. While I'm there I turn the grill on before making my way back to the bread and butter. I pick up the knife, ready to lather the half and half but I notice something on the bread. The abomination. Mold. I throw the slices away and get two more out. I thoroughly inspect them for mold. They have none but are somewhat stale. The stage before mold. I make the buttering quick and grab the almost empty jar of peanut butter from the cupboard. I scrape the bottom, the sides, even under the opening. Just enough to spread the slice of bread. I place the two fated pieces of bread together and place them in the grill, it is searing hot now.
I set about finishing my coffee. The kettle is still boiling but is almost done so I grab the golden coffee and sweeteners from the coffee cupboard. One tea spoon of coffee. Three sweeteners. these are the worst ever. I cannot taste the sweetness.
I add water and the coffee is done, but needs a stir. I grab the grilled peanut butter sandwich from the grill and turn it off. I cut the sandwich into triangles. always triangles
I stir the coffee and bring the breakfast into the dining room where my computer resides. I rest my body on the chair and settle into my mediocre breakfast. it's always mediocre.
The end of my food closely coincides with the date I'm to be paid. But every time. I must endure the end of resources brings scrap meals and empty stomachs.
But soon it will be better. Soon I will have niceties. Soon.

Updated with a storrryyyyyy. It's quite dark though...
Also I'm pretty tired right now and I did it in Notepad so the format is fucked.
Apologies if it is no good, but eh. I enjoyed writing it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.