Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help Strawberrii Pick a Plot

Hello! I keep getting these ideas in my head, and I'm having trouble deciding which ones I want to work on! Although I planned on writing books out of them, I may make them into a game for fun. Because it's what I do! B)

IDEA ONE
Genre: High Fantasy
Basic Concept:
Nedine Caswell is the soon-to-be Empress of Deadin, a country on the brink of war with it's neighboring kingdom, Lorondas. There were a lot of supporters for Nedine because of her compassion, charisma, and her personal involvement with the people or the situations that fell upon them.

The Red Cloaks are the personal guard of the Emperor, signified by their long crimson-colored capes decorated gold with the Empire's symbol. A young member known as Deryn Loricka holds total admiration for Nedine, protesting loudly when she declared to go to battle.

Many years ago rebellious individuals cut themselves away from the Imperial Army to from the Mercenary's Guild - a group of hardened warriors and mages that sell their services to help others. A young Earthbound Elf, Sylria Quill, joins the organization in hopes to help others; despite being told she was not a good fit. With her gift to connect to the Feystream, Sylria travels along her companion from the Spiritway: Millette.

As combat approaches for both countries, Empress Nedine realizes she must enter battle and face one of the three commanders of the Lorondas Legion - Cael Tharn, her secret lover and Sylria's half-brother. Cael is loyal, and spellbound, to Queen Tatian as he's forced to work for her.

Traveling across the land are a nomadic group of peoples, including a Moonlit Elf by the name Alswyn "Alsie" Wispfell who - similar to Sylria - has a connection to the Feystream. Many believe the "voices" she hears from the Spiritway means she's insane. When Alsie is captured for her gift, her boyfriend Vognar seeks her out through her dreams.

------

IDEA TWO
Genre: Light Fantasy
Basic Concept:
A courier is traveling through some woods to her next destination - most likely to deliver a letter. She gets lost and stumbles upon a witch's hut. After a small conversation the courier is turned into a rabbit. Panicking she hops away, getting even more lost.

She ends up in a darker forest and finds that she is sought after as a food source by various creatures.

Her journey includes her escape from these monsters and finding a way ack to her old self.

-------

IDEA THREE
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Basic Concept:
Ever since birth, a boy has had a special power (in my head it's lightning, but it could be anything under a certain reason). He grew up with an older brother who relentlessly teased and bullied him, giving him intense fear about nearly anything.

When he learned to read, he began collecting comic books featuring superheroes - wishing he had the courage to be like them. Going through the later years of school, he tried to act as optimistic and friendly as possible. Although he was quite popular due to being on a sports team, he was still scared of what people thought of him.

Out of high school, he would get a mundane job, though secretly he dealt with criminals using his power - to make himself feel good. There was one girl that he usually ended up saving, but he never introduces himself to her due to his fears.

The rest of the idea could occur differently depending a few things:
- How the boy obtains his power (one idea has his mother about to lose him in birth, so a demon-like creature disguised as a human doctor tells her he can save him; this basically has his mother dying instead and he gains a power for being saved this way, but is able to be succumbed as the demon's servant...)

- The boy could meet someone in high school he really likes, who really likes him back, though something has to hold them back significantly. The old idea the boy had accidentally killed the girl as a child, but she came back from the dead because a demon/the demon wanted to use her in some way. In this particular idea the demon could use her (by giving her a power/demonic secret visage) for the boy.

- If a demonic force is involved, this creature could possess the boy's brother to kill his parents and force the boy to fight his brother. When he kills his brother, the boy is freed from his "torment" and changes drastically. Most importantly he becomes MUCH more darker than he was previously.

- In his dark state he would absorb more of whatever his power is (if it's lightning, he would absorb electricity in the city to feel better, like a drug addict).

- In his dark state, he might sleep with the girl he's been rescuing (maybe even without introducing each other still) even while he has feelings for his "high school sweetheart".

Jason

Awesome Bro

Idea three for the simple fact that just about every other story you've written before has been about a female character...

Jason

Awesome Bro

You find it unusual for a female to write about a male? o.O Broaden your... thingies, yeah, thingies, write something you haven't done before instead of sticking to the same thing, just a suggestion...

All of these ideas look interesting: Nice naming, by the way :thumb:
If they were games, I'd play them all I think. But, if it was down to which one looks best, it'd be Urban Fantasy because it just sounds hands down awesome.
There are a lot of games about royalty, rebellion, wars and adventure. I think it'd be cool to see games that involve fewer characters and adventure, and instead focus on the development of those characters, and I guess that's why Urban Fantasy appeals to me :3
Oh, and if I had to pick my favourite element, it'd be darkness.

There's something to be said about getting outside your comfort zone, like what Jason said. But you don't become a master of fantasy by writing sitcoms, if you know what I mean. Writing female protagonists is your thing, make a name for yourself.

I like number 1; cause I'll devour anything and everything fantasy.

Honestly, Strawberry, I think you need to just pick the one you like best and commit to it. It seems like you jump between stories a lot. You should try to finish something. It doesn't matter what; the original concept will almost certainly change dramatically as you get further into the story anyway, so just pick the one you're most interested in and go with that. It seems like you've developed the first idea much more than the others, so that seems like a good bet.

That's the one I have been working on actually! Some things already changed, too. LOL.

I've been working on character stuff, though I keep getting stuck. XD It's really hard. I printed out all my notes, because I'm going to write this one by hand. If I stay away from the PC, then I won't become distracted by the web. >>

Instead of wasting my time drawing visuals of the characters (which often help me), I found pictures online to give me an idea. So I printed the pics out, and started hand writing notes about them.

Please, keep pushing me to write this. I don't want to stop!

If you want to keep writing, I strongly recommend you set a daily word goal and make sure you meet it every day. Maybe you should do NaNoWriMo this year. It starts in November, so you have two months to prepare, although starting sooner would be even better.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.