Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Help me !!!The SIDEVIEW BATTLE system-script DO NOT Work !!!!

RPGS

I put in this Side-view battle script (RGSS) into my game...  and NOTHING happens !!!  Only the default battle apperas when going into battle... NOTHING has been changed !?              And there is "End" x3...  It doesn`t work when its there, but if I (?)delete(?)  it , it works...  Help mee please !!!  why doesn´t it happen anything ???

:cry: :cry: :cry:

The script i used ;

def screen_x
    if self.index != nil
      return self.index * 40 + 360
    else
      return 0
    end
  end

def screen_y
    return self.index * 20 + 220
end

def update
    super
    if $game_temp.battle_main_phase
      self.contents_opacity = 255
    end
  end
end

Biglie.jpg
Stupid idiot.. me... eh... okay.
I don't want to flame you, okay?
We explained it like 5000000 times and you still said you couldn't understand it. Multiple people tried, you still acted like this!! bahh!! loooll!! geee! !!?!! do not workkk1!. I better stop posting in this topic, don't want to get warned. >_<

RPGS

OK ; We all missunderstand it ; Sorry , I understand what to do , but it DOESNT WORK !!!

Thats it !    And  isnt it by default  that the squares are blinking ( AFter you put this script into a game) , because ; I think ; You must change them... (Help needed with that)

OK ,  but its realy true that i can code very good, but its hard for me to learn new scripts

I cannot show this via Youtube ,So please can anyone test to put the script into a game , and see if they got the same problem...

(FOR EXAMPLE !!! // THE EASIEST WAY TO SOLVE THIS)  !!!  HELP !!!    :crazy:

You don't have to show via Youtube. Tell us excactly what is happening without the use of 1000000 exclamation marks and in proper english. What pixels are blinking what kind of battler are you using, maybe show us the battler or something.
Just act like any of us would and we get along fine.

You need a different spritesheet. THE PROGRAM WON'T F- everything up to fit in the system.
Search for the word 'Minkoff'. Click first result. There is the thread for the system, then click the template spoiler in the thread. You gotta use that template for it.

Dude... I have no clue/knowledge but I can tell that that script that is just a three phrase sub script for something else...

Try Charlie Lee FFX battle system. It's a side veiw battle script and its VERY VERY non-scripter friendly. I used the same script and was able to customize almost everything through the database and not the script it self.

~Hope that helps.

Have you even taken a look at the Scripts Submission Forum? It's like, right in your face when you enter the place. I'm not linking it for you. The least you can do is find the topic. You really can't miss it. If you do, then...I won't even go there.

RPGS

I know im slow , but where can I copy this scrpt from ?  :dead:

Charlie Lees script-page is found ; BUT , i cannot find where to copy it // see it....

There is not in any of the spoilers //  :huh:  :down: :grin:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.